Did you mean: 
Pro35
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 81 of 108

Re: WiFi drops and network issue after oreo upgrade

@Agent_Nikh wrote:

@Pro35 wrote:

Sir @Agent_JM, I've filed the bug report as you've said and here is the link for it.

Looks like it's been more than 3 weeks since you've posted this and it's sad to see that there hasn't been any sophisticated solution yet or at least developments of any such solutions either.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZRQocUJwiyvUrYkzzznfkFHqsWKda0bX

The router that I'm using is a Mi 3C router with a Mixed Encryption (WAP/WAP2 both).

I'm using JIO and IDEA Sims and JIO is the primary one with 4G connection. And of course, the workaround of toggling the network to 3G is working.

Hope this info helps.

Please resolve the issue ASAP. 

Thanks and regards,

Pruthvi.

Hi Pro35,

Thank you for sharing the Bug Report.

Request you to try these below steps & let us know.

1. For Jio users, please move router AP to channel 11 or change it to 5Ghz in your device.

2. For Airtel LTE users, set your network to 3G/2G as long as connected to Wi-Fi(or move to AP 11 or 5Ghz) and monitor for few days.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Sir,

I did change my router AP Channel to 11 and it seems to work for now. Will post about any discrepancies as and when they arise.

But, is this a solution to the problem? Is it not a workaround?

Nkharris
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 852
Message 82 of 108

@Agent_Nikh

I am using Jio sim as primary and Idea one as secondary. As proposed by you, i changed the router AP to channel 11 and FINALLY the wifi has started working simultaneously with my mobile network  Thanks for a solution.

But a suggestion that please provide a patch to resolve the same as public wifi networks cannot be updated for the settings mentioned by you, so it will be the  same trouble again.

Thanks a lot!! 

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 822
Message 83 of 108

Channel 11 pertains strictly to 2.4 Ghz.  What about 5 Ghz?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 666
Message 84 of 108
Moved:

Wahyutrx
What's DOS?
Views: 767
Message 85 of 108

Wifi Disconect g5s plus isuew

Give me major update, there is a issue in wifi network, connect disconect in Oreo 8.1. I believe in lenovo

tdawg123
What's DOS?
Views: 582
Message 86 of 108

Having serious wifi drops on my Moto G5 Plus after Oreo update. My Oreo update came about a week ago. Everything seemed stable for a day or two, then suddenly the phone's wifi has nonstop drops / reconnects. About 1 reconnect per minute.

I've tried the basics such as resetting my own router/modem, resetting the phones wifi and network settings, restarting my phone, toggling data saver on and off, turning off 4g Enhanced, switching from Global to CDMA, toggling mobile data completely on and off, etc..

I use Verizon but bought the phone at Best Buy. Owned for over a year and never had a wifi issue before. Everything else in the home connects and stays connected except for this phone now. Do you have any advice or fixes coming? I don't live near Verizon cell towers so without wifi my phone is basically a dead brick until you guys fix this...

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 564
Message 87 of 108

@tdawg123 wrote:

Having serious wifi drops on my Moto G5 Plus after Oreo update. My Oreo update came about a week ago. Everything seemed stable for a day or two, then suddenly the phone's wifi has nonstop drops / reconnects. About 1 reconnect per minute.

I've tried the basics such as resetting my own router/modem, resetting the phones wifi and network settings, restarting my phone, toggling data saver on and off, turning off 4g Enhanced, switching from Global to CDMA, toggling mobile data completely on and off, etc..

I use Verizon but bought the phone at Best Buy. Owned for over a year and never had a wifi issue before. Everything else in the home connects and stays connected except for this phone now. Do you have any advice or fixes coming? I don't live near Verizon cell towers so without wifi my phone is basically a dead brick until you guys fix this...

As I try to say -- full disclosure:  never say -- while playing cards, "read em n weep".  These forums are rife with reports identical to yours.  Levono's response so far is Up Yours.  Enjoy your next (i)phone.

KarishmaSk
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 88 of 108

Wifi is not connecting in Moto g5 plus after Oreo update

After updating my Moto g5 plus to Oreo I'm getting wifi problems.Wifi is not connecting while other mobile users getting good wifi. Please help to solve this problem.

RShattler
HDMI
Views: 461
Message 89 of 108

Re: Wifi is not connecting in Moto g5 plus after Oreo update

Same problem here. G5+ upgraded to Oreo 8.1.0.. get error message saying can't use Wi-Fi to make or receive calls. Contacted Motorrola Customer service and they said it was a carrier problem.  Got the carrier to send a reset code to my phone with no change. Did factory reset both with and without backup, no change.

My solution was to change carriers and got an iPhone.

ScottA1
Punch Card
Views: 483
Message 90 of 108

WiFi disconnects

Moto g5 plus.. since the update to 8.1,Oreo wifi disconnects, when reconnect no problem, but will disconnect again other devices like PC do not. Every time goes to sleep always disconnects.

Anyone else same experience any way to fix ?

Top Kudoed Authors