Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj69
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,463
Message 21 of 31

Re: battery percentage stuck at same percent after charging

Clear Cache Partition - Moto G Plus (4th Gen.)

When you perform a clear cache it will remove any temporary files that may be causing a problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

This is an excellent troubleshooting step if turning your device off and on has not resolved the problem.

To perform a wipe cache partition:

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  4. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Clearing the cache solved the problem for me. But all the answers posted in the question are useless. They didn't help.

Neeraj111
Paper Tape
Views: 3,375
Message 22 of 31

I tried this. Lets see if this work out for my Moto g6 play
manoj69
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,342
Message 23 of 31

Worked Once. But again same problem is coming. Battery is stuck at 4% and it doesn't increase on charge. Tried doing battery caliberation, but no help. Let me know if anything works for you.

Highlighted
manoj69
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,401
Message 24 of 31

Battery percentage stuck at 4

Battery percentage stuck at 4%. Doesn't increase on charging. But decreases if drained below 4% , then stays at the minimum percentage it reached.

Following are the recovery methods tried.

1. Tried booting in safe mode, still same issue persists.

2. Tried doing battery caliberation using the power button -> connect charger -> leave for additional hour

3. Deleted battery apps (Accu Battery) installed before.

4. Cleared cache partition in the bootloaded menu. (It worked for once, I could able to see the correct 77%, but when put into charge, it stayed in 77%.)

None of the above method worked. Thought of doing factory reset, but until i get a confirmation from someone that it can work after factory reset, i won't do it. Unnecessarily moto team are posting non-working answers and creating a mess. If you really want to solve the issue, then solve it in the software. It is a bug that is present in most of the moto phone and i don't see a single perfect solution released from moto yet. What the hell you are still doing? Cannot fix a simple battery bug ?

manoj69
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,338
Message 25 of 31

Hello, Did your problem for battery percentage solved after factory reset ? Please respond, as i am also facing the same problem. But don't want to go for a factory reset. Thanks.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,635
Message 26 of 31
Moved:

Manut87
Paper Tape
Views: 2,283
Message 27 of 31

Re: Battery percentage stuck at 4

Excellent said Manoj.. even I too had been fed up with these fellows making some trial and error all the times but as a result of it there has been no correction made yet for our bug
Bibspinku
Paper Tape
Views: 1,702
Message 28 of 31

I also have the same issue in my Moto g5sPlus .it seems the bug is from Lenovo side and they need to resolve the issue.

Bibspinku
Paper Tape
Views: 1,700
Message 29 of 31

How to know it reached 100% when the charge is stuck at some %age.

manoj69
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,697
Message 30 of 31

I went to lenevo care finally. The concerned person was  gave a totally different review than what I thought. After 3 hours of inspection, She told me that water particles went into the charging jack on the phone. And also she showed me "see there is the water particle". I was like OMG. My eyes can see only the black charging port with dusts around it. She asked Rs. 1300 approx for repairing. I denied and got my phone back as it is. After I got my phone from them, when I charged it was working. Battery Percentage was coming properly. Writing this after months of usage. Till now no issues faced on the same. Thank God for saving my money. 

Top Kudoed Authors