Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

08-11-2015

United States of America

33 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 1 of 6

bluetooth won't auto-connect

2018-02-15, 2:41 AM

Ever since the most recent moto g 5 plus update my phone is very inconsistent with auto reconnecting to bluetooth devices like cars, speakers, etc.  If I manually open bluetooth I can select the device and it'll connect fine.  I've tried the usual things like a reboot, deleting and re-adding bluetooth devices.  Anyone have any other tips?

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: bluetooth won't auto-connect

2018-02-15, 13:13 PM

Do you add the device to save places ?  (do you see a little lock in the taskbar or not? )

Options

13 Posts

08-11-2015

United States of America

33 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-02-15, 14:53 PM

I see the option each time but some devices I choose to add some I don't. It doesn't seem to make a difference...

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-02-15, 14:59 PM

K,

Here it works perfect  but that is not really helping......

Options

37 Posts

07-19-2017

United States of America

123 Signins

341 Page Views

• Views: 341
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-07-03, 12:18 PM

I realize this thread is rather old now, but just wanted to say I have had this same issue pretty much ever since I got the g5 plus with a bluetooth adapter I have in my car. I've pretty much just decided to deal with it. Usually if I turn bt off and back on again the device will connect, but it is rather annoying. I want it to "just work"! I also have a strange issue where these skull candy bluetooth earbuds I have work fine for playing music, but just make a loud buzzing sound when trying to use them for phone calls, so I really feel like there is some bugginess with the moto g5 plus's bluetooth. But I use it on Verizon, and suffered for months through the whole enhanced LTE issues the phone had with calling on Verizon, and since that got fixed, this just seems very minor to me so I just live with it.

Options

3692 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59510 Page Views

• Views: 59510
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-07-05, 9:12 AM

wrote:

I realize this thread is rather old now, but just wanted to say I have had this same issue pretty much ever since I got the g5 plus with a bluetooth adapter I have in my car. I've pretty much just decided to deal with it. Usually if I turn bt off and back on again the device will connect, but it is rather annoying. I want it to "just work"! I also have a strange issue where these skull candy bluetooth earbuds I have work fine for playing music, but just make a loud buzzing sound when trying to use them for phone calls, so I really feel like there is some bugginess with the moto g5 plus's bluetooth. But I use it on Verizon, and suffered for months through the whole enhanced LTE issues the phone had with calling on Verizon, and since that got fixed, this just seems very minor to me so I just live with it.

Hi c_wag03,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log> Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms