Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blevinopolis
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 1 of 6

couldn't save 1 attachment

I have a Moto G5 plus, 64RAM, running Android 8.1.0.  For roughly 6 months (maybe longer), I have an issue with saving photos or attachments from text messages and getting "couldn't save 1 attachment" message....but for ONLY one of my contacts.  I don't have any problems saving photos or attachments from any of my other threads/contacts except for 1.  Need some help, please.

I have 20.45GB used of 64GB.

I have searched through forums but can't find any solutions or work arounds. 

I've tried clearing app cache, wiping cache partition, turning off and on permissions but still having issue. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 233
Message 2 of 6

Re: couldn't save 1 attachment

Hi Blevinopolis,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, first, can you please confirm if you're using the Messages app? Also, may I know what's the format and the size of the attachment you're trying to download?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Blevinopolis
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 3 of 6

Google Messages app for texting. Picture format: .jpg; average size varies from 100kb - 1mb.  Like I mentioned before, I can long press & save photos & attachments from all other contacts.  Just 1 of them, I can not. 

We send a lot of photos back and forth to each other...is there a running cache for each contact that is full?  It's just strange to me that I'm having this issue for only 1 contact. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 209
Message 4 of 6

Hi Blevinopolis,

I search around and look for this specific scenario, though I haven't seen a concrete solution from those related cases I read. We can consider the memory storage used by your contact as one of the factors. If possible, can you please try deleting the whole conversation you have with this contact? Otherwise, clear the data of the Messages app (Settings > Apps > Storage > Clear Storage). See if that fixes it. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Blevinopolis
Paper Tape
Views: 52
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the tips, but I have tried these steps in the past with no resolvment.  I did try again over the weekend, but it still will not allow me to save photos or attachments from only 1 contact.  I even experimented with this particular contact by asking her to text a photo that she copied to our text conversation from her gallery and then asked her to take photo while in text conversation and send.  I am not able to save either photo.  

I regularly clear cache from all running apps, including contacts app.  I wonder if this is an android issue and not just the phone?  I am at a complete loss here...  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 41
Message 6 of 6

Hi Blevinopolis,

Odd that it's only limited to one contact. Can you please confirm the phone model used by that specific contact? Do other of her contacts experience the same when saving attachments? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors