Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDI
Blue Screen Again
Views: 344
Message 1 of 3

g5 plus Firefox browser problems

For privacy reasons, I am trying to replace the chrome browser on my g5 plus running 8.1.0 with Firefox. 68.0.2. I have had many problems, including links that don't work, pages that don't load, searches that don't execute, websites such as the Washington Post that constantly require me to log in. These are problems that I have had with Firefox for android sscwell as Firefox focus, but almost never had with chrome. I can't believe that the device is not compatible with the latest release if Firefox.

MDI
Blue Screen Again
Views: 86
Message 2 of 3

Re: g5 plus Firefox browser problems

Since I have not received any answers to my post about issues with using Firefox as a browser on the Moto G5 Plus, I called Motorola

Support.  Just as an FYI to other users, I was told that Motorola Moto smartphones only support Google Chrome.  They have never been tested with any versions of Firefox.  I strongly suggested to the Motorola rep that they re-visit this outdated policy.  I am seeing many more published articles now by competent professionals who question the lack of consumer privacy protection associated with Chrome, and who are recommending that users switch to Firefox.  Clearing my cache, as I was advised on the Android Forum, seems to help a little with my Firefox issues.  I will persist for a little while longer, and if the problems are too frustrating, I may temporarily revert back to Chrome.  but I will also consider at some point buying another phone that supports more secure browers. 

Ward77
Paper Tape
Views: 14
Message 3 of 3

Re: g5 plus Firefox browser problems

I agree.
Top Kudoed Authors