Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
elarrecostao
Paper Tape
Views: 6,450
Message 2 of 6

how to delete cached data

how can i delete cached data after the oreo 8.1 update?

elarrecostao
Paper Tape
Views: 6,424
Message 1 of 6

Re: [OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

i dont know how to do my own posts so i will ask here: how can i delete the cached data after the oreo 8.1 update? thanks for your help!

Post merged into a running thread. Please do not post more than once, it causes clutter and makes it difficult to manage. However, your original post will be answered -Sandip

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,397
Message 3 of 6

Re: how to delete cached data

@elarrecostao wrote:

how can i delete cached data after the oreo 8.1 update?

Hi elarrecostao,

Google has made changes to the way Android Oreo clear cached data on our phones. In fact, there is no need to clear cached data manually at all. The system should do that for you. The system should do all the work for you when there’s a need to free up disk space.  Although the option to bulk clear your cached data on your phone is missing, If you are only having problems with one or two apps, clearing out the cache for these individual apps is a great alternative to deleting the entire cache. And if you do have a newer device that doesn't allow you to delete the entire cache all at once, this is an obvious choice.

Open settings by tapping the Android settings app.

1. Choose Apps from the Settings menu. This will list out all apps on the device in alphabetical order with the total storage used displayed under the app's name. 
  2. Tap the app whose cache you want to be cleared. This will bring up relevant information about the app.
  3. The first choice on the app's detail page is Storage. Tap this to bring up the option of clearing cache.
  4. There are two buttons on the storage screen: Clear Data and Clear Cache. The Clear Cache button is the one you want to tap. This should immediately clear the app's cache. The Clear Data option will delete any files you have saved within the app. If you accidentally tap this button, you will be prompted to confirm your choice. It is important not to delete this data, so if you get a prompt asking "Delete app data?" tap Cancel.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

elarrecostao
Paper Tape
Views: 6,387
Message 4 of 6

thanks so much for your orientation, agent_kaka!!!

Daniel_Brown37
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,218
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for help!

DB5947
Paper Tape
Views: 978
Message 6 of 6

@Agent_Kaka

1. Choose Apps from the Settings menu. This will list out all apps on the device in alphabetical order with the total storage used displayed under the app's name. 
  2. Tap the app whose cache you want to be cleared. This will bring up relevant information about the app.
  3. The first choice on the app's detail page is Storage. Tap this to bring up the option of clearing cache.
  4. There are two buttons on the storage screen: Clear Data and Clear Cache. The Clear Cache button is the one you want to tap. This should immediately clear the app's cache. The Clear Data option will delete any files you have saved within the app. If you accidentally tap this button, you will be prompted to confirm your choice. It is important not to delete this data, so if you get a prompt asking "Delete app data?" tap Cancel.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

i have a moto g5 i cannot find  buttons Clear Data and Clear Cache. please help

Top Kudoed Authors