Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flejmi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,406
Message 1 of 4

moto g 5+ sound (low volume)

There seems to be no fix for this the volume is low on the call and for the media. They want $130 to fix it I told them I'm not giving you a single dollar.

Never going to buy a Lenovo Motorola again in my life and I'm going to tell everybody the same.

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 1,398
Message 2 of 4

Re: moto g 5+ sound (low volume)

@Flejmi wrote:

They want $130 to fix it I told them I'm not giving you a single dollar.

They wanted $130 to fix what exactly on the phone? What specific item or setting or peice of hardware were they going to fix? Replace the entire phone motherboard?

There are a number of past discussions on the frustrating low sound on the G5 Plus. Here are two:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/5-Plus-on-Verizon-very-poor-call-quality/td-p/3633...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Low-Volume-During-Calls-via-earpiece-and-speaker/t...

There doesn't appear to be any sort of a real fix other than either use the speaker phone when making calls and turn the volume down a bit when you have it next to your ear, or unlock/root/hack the phone firmware to change the volume level limit in one of the firmware files. Moto has been mum on providing an actual solution to this issue other than apparently saying send the phone back (and pay them) to replace the phone's motherboard.

Flejmi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,347
Message 3 of 4

Yes they have been numb and that is why I'm giving them one star reviews everywhere. It is a good phone in general but the sound is a big deal. I think they did this on purpose so you buy a new phone.

Flejmi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,324
Message 4 of 4

I opened up a new topic on purpose I know I saw the old ones but maybe this will be refreshing again. I tried it in the car and it works normally but still low volume without aux cable.

Top Kudoed Authors