Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-27-2017

India

2 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 51 of 67

Re: moto g5 plus not ringing

2017-09-27, 17:30 PM

Never have I ever had such an experience with any device. A phone which doesn't even ring is not worth a single penny as its fundamental utility has been degraded. I don't care about camera or the screen or anything if the phone doesn't even ring!! Even after getting the phone repaired from the Motorola service station the issue still persists. I did not buy a phone to keep making long trips to the service station and that too, to be disappointed. 

This is by far the worst experience of moto! I regret buying a Motorola phone and will report it on every single social platform to make everyone aware of the same problem to let them know what they are stepping into by buying a Motorola phone. 

<Edited for profanity>

Options

6 Posts

08-18-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

23 Signins

325 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 325
  • Message 52 of 67

2017-09-27, 20:23 PM

I am not associated with Lenovo, and my wife and I have recently bought a g4 plus and g5.

the g5 had the same problems as you describe, and others have. My own posts on the problem are above. The g5 nearley went out the window until I did this:-

Re: moto g5 no sound during ringtone and notifications

OK Moto_Anne

Since posting my self earlier about this problem on my new G5 (not plus) I did bite the bullet and carried out a FDR, taking it back to new, as you advised.

So, time line on getting my new Moto G5:-

Step 1, was to back up my Samsung S4 mini (Android 4.something) to "Wondershare MobileTrans", except the SD card that held ALL my docs and pictures, but no apps.

Step 2, was to restore the Samsung S4 mini full back up to my new Moto g5, straight after taking it out of the Amazon box switching it on, looking over it and charging it. Then installed the SD card.

Step 3, was to use the phone, looking at all the apps installed that I had not had to download again yippee.

Then I pretty soon realised after a few days there was this problem of intermittent no notification sounds & intermittent no incoming call ringing sounds. I tried adjusting all I could think of, and what I read about on line, with no luck.

Step 4, was to back up the Moto G5 with everything on board it so far, except the SD card.

Step 5, FDR. After switch on Google downloaded my contacts, hooray.

Step 6, RELOADED all the apps I wanted from the proper places, Playstore & web sites, obviously with the Moto G5 Android 7.0 factory setup. During this time I noticed, or thought I did, that the phone setup looked slightly different and handled better then when I took it out the box. I wondered if any Amazon/Lenovo tweaks had been eradicated by FDR, who knows. I never bothered to restore ANYTHING from my "Wondershare MobileTrans" back up on step 4. I have not bothered about previous "conversations" on text or Whatsapp, starting afresh.

Whatever, now I am getting a phone that sounds ringtones on incoming calls, whatsapp, text, email calendar etc.

If the phone continues to do as it should my bet is if restoring old apps, used on another phone setup, particular perhaps Whatsapp & text, caused my initial problem.

Thoughts please Moto_Anne

Jim

So far to this date 27-09-2017 it is still ringing very OK and I am happy!! Only snag is the wretched last numbers screen on the phone app that redials on the slightest touch, Grrrrr

Options

3 Posts

09-27-2017

India

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 53 of 67

2017-09-28, 0:41 AM

I received a MOTO G5S PLUS two days back from Amazon. Initially I observed that it's WiFi kept on disconnecting and reconnecting by itself... And yesterday evening I found that it's audio has stopped playing.. 

When I say audio stopped playing, it actually means - no audio for call, for media players, for alarms, for notifications --- nothing !!! Even no sound on headphones as well... Apparently the phone has become deaf and dumb. 

When I tried calling from my phone, the call remains silent for both sides, but a strange thing is that the phone hangs while disconnecting the call. Had to restart my phone. 

I tried the following:

1. Tried running in safe mode (as described in this and many other threads)

2. Tried by factory resetting the phone thrice.

3. Removed the SIM card and reinserted.

4. Kept mobile off for several minutes and checked later.

All above experiments failed. Could someone please help in this matter? 

Options

1 Posts

10-14-2017

France

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 54 of 67

2017-10-14, 7:10 AM
Hello, My wife have the same problem with his G5. I tryied differents solutions, and after delete in "sounds, do not derange, automatic rules" of all rules the sound works again. Hope this helps someone.
Options

6 Posts

10-14-2017

8 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 55 of 67

2017-10-14, 18:24 PM

i have same problem with a moto G5 not plus have discoved that do not disturb setting was on once switched of problem solved 

Options

1 Posts

10-18-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 56 of 67

2017-10-18, 1:52 AM

Easy fix go-to Settings=Sound=Notification and then go-to no sound hit ok then pick your notification sound you want and there you go fixed. Well that's what worked for me try that.

Options

1 Posts

11-06-2017

5 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 57 of 67

2017-11-06, 15:44 PM
My Moto G5 has intermittent internal speaker sound. I cannot hear alerts,media or phone calls unless I remove the battery for a short while then put it back in. Not an ideal solution.I went through the troubleshooting guides but they did not work? Is the speaker a common problem? I have had my phone from new since March. Any thoughts welcome.
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 58 of 67

Re: Notification,caller ringtone and alarm sound issue

2017-11-29, 16:55 PM

I have this exact same problem. It originally started happening anytime I connected to Bluetooth. It requires resetting the phone for notification sounds to work again. Now it just seems to happen randomly. I have checked that do not disturb is off all volume is Up full. It is definitely a bug with the phone. I am missing phone calls and alarms as a result. I am now forced to check my ringtones to see if they're working. When they don't I have to reset the phone .

Options

5 Posts

12-14-2017

Netherlands

8 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 59 of 67

Re: Notification,caller ringtone and alarm sound issue

2017-12-14, 15:05 PM

I have registerd just to say I have the same problem. After 20-24 hours no more sound from calls and notifications. Also changing the ringtone in settings gives no sound.

I have also found two different states in this process.

State 1, no sound, no sound while changing ringtone but notifications still vibrate and screen lock and unlock sound is there. I have been able to fix this issue by clearing all processes/activities.

State 2, same as above but also no vibrate on notificiations and no screen lock and unlock sound. The only way to fix this is by powering off the phone and restarting the phone. (why is t here no restart option?)

I have tried many things like not using the do not disturb option or not using any alarms. Nothing seems to work.

Seems to me an system update is in order. I wil lcontact Motorola  and the store where I bought this phone last week because this is unacceptable.

Options

1 Posts

01-13-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 60 of 67

2018-01-13, 21:30 PM

Actually, I have the Moto z force 2 and it doesn't ring either. I don't have the apps listed and I have tried the troubleshooting. Nothing works. I missed the call the my mother died.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms