cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gernote
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,136
Message 11 of 38

Re: "Invalid SIM CARD" for Moto G5 Plus after Android 8.1 update.

Hello,
Thanks for the answer.
The tip has unfortunately brought nothing.
Is it possible that the name will not be transferred after the update to Android 8.1?
greetings
gernote

jimbar99
What's DOS?
Views: 1,094
Message 12 of 38

Could you share with others what they did to fix it in general? Thanks.

Phil378
What's DOS?
Views: 1,046
Message 13 of 38

Following the Android update, my Moto g5 + would not connect to my network.  The Sim1 signal indicator remained empty. I could not use the Sim1 network for calls or data.  I did not get an "invalid sim" message.  Sim1 seemed to recognised by my phone.  It just would not connect to the network.  Sim2 was ok.  This fix has solved my problem.  I can make calls and use the internet.  Thank you. 

jojo34
What's DOS?
Views: 1,013
Message 14 of 38

I was having the same issues. I might have fixed it by dialing *#*#72786#*#* then reseting my phone

soylentbean
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 957
Message 15 of 38

I also have the Moto G5 Plus, and started getting "Invalid SIM Card" message about a few days after the Oreo update. I tried rebooting the phone, reinserting the SIM card, reseting the carrier network settings, clearing data for SIM Toolkit app. The error would return after a few minutes. If I started sending text or calls, the error might go away for a day or more.

I did a factory reset and it seemed to help. I'll wait a week or more and if the error comes back, I'll update here. Another thing you guys might try is getting a new SIM card in case it's broken. But if we're all getting this error after installing Oreo, I think the update is more likely source of the problem. From now on, I'm going to do a factory reset before upgrading an OS.

nanouchman
What's DOS?
Views: 898
Message 16 of 38

Hello there,

has the problem ever come back for you after the factory reset? I'm experiencing the same kind of weird behaviour on my Moto G5 as well Smiley Sad

Mypowerofwill
What's DOS?
Views: 886
Message 17 of 38

Awesome
soylentbean
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 869
Message 18 of 38

It has been about 5 days since I performed the factory reset. The error message hasn't appeared again, so far.
soylentbean
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 863
Message 19 of 38

I spoke too soon, I just got the error again. I'm going to try to get a new SIM card, I have Sprint, tomorrow, and see what happens. I see a couple other threads about SIM card problems. Maybe it's a hardware problem with the G5 series. Or maybe it's because of the OS update? Or it could be 2 different problems with same outcome?

Dsway
What's DOS?
Views: 796
Message 20 of 38

Just jumping in to also say that I have the same issue on my Oreo Moto G5 Plus, starting ~20 hours ago. I'm also on Sprint, and this isn't the first time I've had this happen. I had a "no sim card" issue with identical symptoms on November 5 (still android 7 at that time), but that seemed to go away within a few days.

None of the fixes in this thread help, but rebooting/reinserting the sim gives me a few minutes of data.

Top Kudoed Authors