Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoWonder
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 1 of 3

ringtone doesn't work

In the last 48 hours my ringtones and alarms changed into the basic ones. I tried already a lot of things to choose my old mp3 ringtone, options-sounds-add ringtone, but nothing happens.

They worked for the last 12 months???

Just a extra detail, I also lost my flashlight. I had to re-install it on my phone. Do I miss another app for sounds?

Already thks for thinking about this problem

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 282
Message 2 of 3

Re: ringtone doesn't work

@MarcoWonder wrote:

In the last 48 hours my ringtones and alarms changed into the basic ones. I tried already a lot of things to choose my old mp3 ringtone, options-sounds-add ringtone, but nothing happens.

They worked for the last 12 months???

Just a extra detail, I also lost my flashlight. I had to re-install it on my phone. Do I miss another app for sounds?

Already thks for thinking about this problem

Hi MarcoWonder,

May I know which device are we talking about? Is it Moto G5 or G5 plus? When you say your device ringtone changed to basic one--do you mean it is always changing to the default ringtone on your device past 48 hours? Have you installed any recent apps on your device? Did you install a third-party app for a flashlight? If not, could you explain on to what happens when you enable flashlight on your device? Does it give any error?

Also, can we quickly test this in hardware test? To do so: Locate Moto help app > Hardware test > Flash and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MarcoWonder
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 3 of 3

Re: ringtone doesn't work

It's a G5 phone. I've already reinstalled the flaslight,and that part is working again.

There is no new app installed recently and no new update.

Why is it not possible to add a new ringtone (so that I can choose my old one)? My ringtone mp3's are in the correct folder (ringtones), but I also tried with the alarms folder and the sounds folder.

When I choose the mp3 ringtone and select it and choose OK, at first nothing happens but another thing is happening in the background. My mp3 ringtone is now duplicated, and after 5 times I now have 5 same mp3 ringtones? So instead of selecting is it copying.

Top Kudoed Authors