Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvh24521
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 1 of 4

“sorry, something went wrong”

Often when leaving work in the evening when I try to start maps I get the something wrong message, about 90% of the time. This never happens at home, 30 miles away. Once it gets in this mode it will not recover until a restart. Changing location and waiting does not help. I drove the 30 miles home and tried again and still got the message. So regardless of location a restart fixes it, but this takes time and I am trying to get on the road. Furthermore it seems unreasonable to be required to restart the phone every day.

I am not sure but it seems related to leaving the WI-FI at work. I think it may also be the case that there is a WI-FI connection but no internet connection.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 97
Message 2 of 4

Re: “sorry, something went wrong”

Hi jvh24521,

Thanks for posting. Are you using Google Maps? Make sure the app is up to date in the Play store. Also, check and see if this will occur while using mobile data. Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

jvh24521
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for getting back to me.

Maps is up to date and phone calls work. Maps was just an example, perhaps a poor one. I actually get the message anytime I tap the mic button when in this area. No response to "OK Google" either. 

It will stay in this mode until a restart, regardless of location.

John

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 63
Message 4 of 4

Hi jvh24521,

Thanks for the reply. This is odd. I looked for the error message you're seeing and so far I've seen this related to the Google Home Mini. Can you please confirm if you're using one. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors