Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-18-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 4

speaker phone, volume drops before increasing.

2018-06-18, 15:45 PM

When using phone app, and pressing speaker phone button, the volume will drop to zero, then ramp up to the correct volume. 

This appears to be an attempt at ramping volume to the higher level, so as not to cause a click or sudden change in volume. Unfortunatly the software developers have failed to notice that the original volume was not zero, and so drop the volume to zero, then ramp it up. This has the effect of: you press the speaker phone button, to make the phone load, and the phone goes very quiet (and then after a second becomes loud).

Options

93 Posts

04-16-2018

India

244 Signins

2533 Page Views

• Views: 2533
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: speaker phone, volume drops before increasing.

2018-06-21, 7:52 AM

wrote:

When using phone app, and pressing speaker phone button, the volume will drop to zero, then ramp up to the correct volume. 

This appears to be an attempt at ramping volume to the higher level, so as not to cause a click or sudden change in volume. Unfortunatly the software developers have failed to notice that the original volume was not zero, and so drop the volume to zero, then ramp it up. This has the effect of: you press the speaker phone button, to make the phone load, and the phone goes very quiet (and then after a second becomes loud).

Hello there,

We have checked it and the device is working as per the design. 

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Options

3 Posts

06-18-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-06-21, 15:27 PM

So you are telling me, what I already know, that it was broken at the design stage. Do you have any plans to fix the software? Or should I install a different phone app.?

Your current design if it was applied to a racing car, would result in the following behavier. The driver wishes to excelerate past another car, so pushes down on the excellerator peddle, the car then comes to a camplete stop, and then excellerates, resulting in a higher speed than it was at first.

Options

93 Posts

04-16-2018

India

244 Signins

2533 Page Views

• Views: 2533
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-06-22, 6:14 AM

wrote:

So you are telling me, what I already know, that it was broken at the design stage. Do you have any plans to fix the software? Or should I install a different phone app.?

Your current design if it was applied to a racing car, would result in the following behavier. The driver wishes to excelerate past another car, so pushes down on the excellerator peddle, the car then comes to a camplete stop, and then excellerates, resulting in a higher speed than it was at first.

Hello there,

This is put across to the concerned team. 

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms