Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paynes1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,495
Message 1 of 4

transfer of data between phones

Hi

I have just bought a G5 from Motorola to replace a Nokia 520 windows phone (it should arrive in a few days). Is there an easy way to transfer numbers etc between the phones please?

Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,482
Message 2 of 4

Re: transfer of data between phones

@paynes1 wrote:

Hi

I have just bought a G5 from Motorola to replace a Nokia 520 windows phone (it should arrive in a few days). Is there an easy way to transfer numbers etc between the phones please?

Thanks

The easiest way is to use a common cloud platform - i like Google. Sync contacts to google on Nokia, and you should see them on your Android phone. Google photos for pictures, Google drive for data. 

Other options are to export contacts on windows phone to CSV and import into google contacts online. 

You may be able to go the other way and use microsoft cloud to hold your nokia data and setup that on the G5, but it may require MS Outlook app. I prefer the native google sync on the Android phones. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
bzakharin
Punch Card
Views: 1,451
Message 3 of 4

Windows Phone doesn't support Google Drive (or rather Google dores not support Windows Phone). You'll have to use MS OneDrive to sync for pictures and files like I did. 

For email, calendar, and contacts you can just set up whatever accounts you've been using, as they're pretty much all universally supported. If you've been storing contacts locally, you'll have to set up and sync with Google or an MS Outlook account

paynes1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,442
Message 4 of 4

Thanks both of you for answering.

I'll try your ideas when the phone arrives.

Top Kudoed Authors