cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKS111
Paper Tape
Views: 1,760
Message 1 of 7

why don’t my Moto g5 contacts show in car?

I have a Moto G5 which paired with my Bmw 3 series (2014) and showed my contacts ok for calls. The 3 series didn’t have the option of Bluetooth music.
I changed my car to a 4 series (2015) which also has functionality to Bluetooth music which works fine. But the problem I have is the contacts do not show any more.
I have updated software in the car, my phone has the latest android software 8.1 but I still have the same issue. I have enabled both contacts and media in idrive Bluetooth settings, tried unpairing and pairing several times but still cannot see my contacts. It’s states no records available when I try and view contacts in idrive. I tried calling bmw tech help desk and all they could suggest was to upgrade the car /idrive software. They also stated that the moto 5 is not on their list of compatibile phones. But I challenged this as it worked in the 3 series although it was not on that list either.

(I have 2 contact apps on my phone ( both look similar with blue background and a white silloute)

My contacts are saved to my google account as default).

Can anyone help please?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,680
Message 2 of 7

Re: why don’t my Moto g5 contacts show in car?

Hi PKS111,

Thanks for reporting, let me try to help. Just to narrow down—please remove the 'duplicate contact app' from your device > unpair the device from your Car > perform 'Clear Cache/Data' on the 'Bluetooth' app (Settings > apps & notification > three dots > show systems files > Bluetooth > storage > Clear Data/Cache) > reboot your device.

Now, before pairing > make sure your device is up to date > Play Store is updated to the latest version available > Car Bluetooth systems are updated to the latest version > try pairing your device and let us know if this helps?

Do let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
user213
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,148
Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem. It turns out that the sharing option is unchecked in Bluetooth setting for the correctly paired cell phone. But I am unable to check it - because the viewed screen closes immediately - and the pic I took is really from a video clip.  It took me a while to get to it. Were you able to fix your problem?

What is most surprising to me - that on some cars the contact sharing actually works and I happened to have a car like that. But then I also acquired a new car and it doesn't work on it. So now I am looking for help. Does anyone know how to change that setting?

In case someone wanted to help - I need to figure out how to place a checkmark on the "Contact sharing" screen or how to get to it such, that it stays on the screen for longer than just 2 frames of a video.

user213
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,154
Message 4 of 7

OK. I figured it out. So it was just to push the arrow left button (Back) and the screen settings reapeared. Wow.

Again  Settings->Connected devices->Bluetooth->Paired device settings wheel ->and then, when a paired device screen appears just hit the back arrow. Select contact sharing. Done.

PKS111
Paper Tape
Views: 1,105
Message 5 of 7

That's brilliant. It worked. Had to restart car and Walla my phone book contacts appeared....

Thanks User 213 Blue Screen Again Op... your a🌟

user213
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,089
Message 6 of 7

you are welcome

Dutchdragon57
SCSI Port
Views: 460
Message 7 of 7

Works only with certain car radios that can show imported contacts. I have two cars 

The cheap radio can the built in expensive older radio cannot and needs every record imported . This only works for regular calls. WhatsApp and other internet call can not be made unless some kind of android powered car radio. Or unsafe use of your mobile

Top Kudoed Authors