Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NiallG
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 1 of 10

Android 8.1 Update - Wifi constantly disconnecting

Hello, my phone recently updated to android 8.1 since then it constantly disconnects from Wifi every few minutes.

4G on my phone has also stopped working, I have to set my preference to get 3G only in order to access the internet on my phone.

I have shut down my phone and restarted it multiple times and nothing has fixed it.

I have also tried multiple different internet sources so it is not my WiFi at home.

Anyone got any solutions? 

Very frustrated user here.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 231
Message 2 of 10

Re: Android 8.1 Update - Wifi constantly disconnecting

Hi NiallG,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are here to help. Aside from restarting the device, have you tried other troubleshooting steps? Let's try to reset your phone network settings by going to Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings reset and tap Reset Settings. This will reset all network settings including Wi-Fi, Mobile data and Bluetooth.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Shiva1328
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 3 of 10

• I'm also facing the WiFi disconnecting issue. I have been waiting for the fix but still I didn't get any fix. I'm a big fan of Moto but this way of handling the issues by developers making me angry on this brand. I have suggested this phone to few of my friends & they are also facing the same issue. Whenever I got update I was hoping like that this issue would be fixed but not happened till now. I tried resetting my device & network settings many times but all failed. Plzzz fix this because in my region I don't even get internet through carrier. So I have to depend on WiFi but it's making me frustrated by this disconnecting bug all time.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 159
Message 4 of 10

Hi Shiva1328,

Thanks for posting. I understand your sentiments about this concern, allow us to help. Have you done some troubleshooting steps to fix this? Does it happen to every Wi-Fi network that you connect to? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Sivahari
Blue Screen Again
Views: 150
Message 5 of 10

MOTO G 5S Plus Wifi Disconnecting

Hi,

During this week, I am facig a issue like my phone is continuously disconnecting the Wi-Fi Network It was not happended before.

The Android version is 8.1.0 and update is  OPSS28.65-36-6  batch date is 1-Dec-2018.

Please share your valuable knowledge with the solution

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 133
Message 6 of 10

Re: MOTO G 5S Plus Wifi Disconnecting

Hi, Sivahari!

Thanks for posting, allow us to help you. Are you experiencing this on every Wi-Fi network that you connect to? Please try to follow the steps shared above in resetting your network settings and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Sivahari
Blue Screen Again
Views: 116
Message 7 of 10

Hi May,

I am having only one network setup. There was no issue until before one week. I tried with all possible resetting options including to Wi-Fi Scanning Off, Resetting Network but it is not rectified so far.

Sivahari
Blue Screen Again
Views: 82
Message 8 of 10

I am waiting to get required support from Moto Technical team.

Thanks
Shiva1328
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 9 of 10

Hi May,

Yeah I did troubleshooting steps but didn't work & this problem was there with every network I connected. I tried with different networks at different places but still problem persists.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 56
Message 10 of 10

Hi Sivahari,

Thank you for trying that. I would still suggest to test connecting the device on other Wi-Fi network so we can further isolate the problem. Please try to forget the connection on your device and re-add it once again. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Shiva1328,

I understand your sentiments on this. In this case, let's try to boot your device in Safe Mode for us to isolate if a third-party application is causing this. Your third-party apps will be temporarily disabled while you are in this mode.

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Keep me posted on this.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors