cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DogMom09
Blue Screen Again
Message 41 of 261

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Same here.

DogMom09
Blue Screen Again
Message 42 of 261

Re: Reverse Charge

Screenshot of battery usage. You can clearly see where the battery decreases and then drastically spikes from zero to almost full in the blink of an eye (aka me unplugging it).

pritam7547
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 261

Battery starts decreasing on charging

moto g5s plus Battery starts decreasing on charging plz help

DogMom09
Blue Screen Again
Message 44 of 261

This morning when I took my phone off charge, it got stuck in "shutting off" mode because it thought it had zero battery. When I turned it back on, it said it was back to 99%. Proof that it's not possible to go from 0% to 99% in two minutes, and for some reason my phone can never be at 100% anymore.  This is a huge deal.  I purchased this phone. A month ago and this is not acceptable. I can only attach one screenshot at a time so I made a collage. 

Kabir21
Punch Card
Message 45 of 261

DogMom!

As you may have read the thread which I started regarding Battery issues.

I faced similar problem like the one you're facing right now.

Battery decreases on charging

Spikes in battery stats

Sudden jump in battery percentage on unplugging charger

Battery never charges to 100% always stuck at 99%

This all problem occurs due to faulty battery.

No point of wasting time here.

Mods/agents don't reply on battery issues. They only reply on petty issues.

So replace your phone while you can otherwise look for Moto service center in your vicinity.

DogMom09
Blue Screen Again
Message 46 of 261

Thank you for your response and sharing your experience. I'm new to forums so I'm not sure the best way to post. I did see some previous posts about battery decreasing on charge, but thought multiple threads would cause them to take notice. Maybe I was wrong. It's kind of bittersweet to know others are having the same problem; on one hand I'm glad I'm not crazy, but on the other it makes me highly disappointed in Moto/Lenovo and I regret purchasing a phone I'm stuck with.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 47 of 261

DogMom09 wrote:

Thank you for your response and sharing your experience. I'm new to forums so I'm not sure the best way to post. I did see some previous posts about battery decreasing on charge, but thought multiple threads would cause them to take notice. Maybe I was wrong. It's kind of bittersweet to know others are having the same problem; on one hand I'm glad I'm not crazy, but on the other it makes me highly disappointed in Moto/Lenovo and I regret purchasing a phone I'm stuck with.

All brands of phones have a certain percentage that have problems. If there are multiple threads on an issue it has an opposite affect - no one at Moto can tell the scale of a problem (if there is one). One thread with many posts has a better effect at getting attention then invidividual threads that look alike.

Many people post about poor,  and if troubleshooting is done, is usually due to environment (apps, signal, usage) but your problem appear s to be different. 

Have you tested in safe mode or tried a reset?

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
DogMom09
Blue Screen Again
Message 48 of 261

Thank you for your response and advice. Since I've had multiple problems with this phone, when I reached out to Moto/Lenovo for issues with my camera, they instructed me to do a factory reset at that time - which I did. 

When I contacted them again about my battery issue, screen brightness, poor video audio quality they told me to factory reset it and attached a link to forums. So here I am! Evidently factory reset is their answer to everything. I don't have time to constantly be setting up my phone from scratch, and that's not a permanent solution. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 49 of 261

DogMom09 wrote:

Thank you for your response and advice. Since I've had multiple problems with this phone, when I reached out to Moto/Lenovo for issues with my camera, they instructed me to do a factory reset at that time - which I did. 

When I contacted them again about my battery issue, screen brightness, poor video audio quality they told me to factory reset it and attached a link to forums. So here I am! Evidently factory reset is their answer to everything. I don't have time to constantly be setting up my phone from scratch, and that's not a permanent solution. 

a phone is different then a computer. A reset is a last resort, or used if no user config settings apply. it rules out everything else.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step. 

But if reset does fix the problem before installing any apps, then look to apps or config changes as the culprit

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 50 of 261

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Hi guys! I brought this up to our product team. I'm glad to inform you that this will be addressed in a future update, probably integrated with other improvements. I wish I could provide a specific timeframe but it's always a moving target. You will be automatically notified on your phone once it becomes available.

-JM

Top Kudoed Authors