Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,097
Message 51 of 390

Re: Reverse Charge

@DogMom09 wrote:

Thank you for your response and advice. Since I've had multiple problems with this phone, when I reached out to Moto/Lenovo for issues with my camera, they instructed me to do a factory reset at that time - which I did. 

When I contacted them again about my battery issue, screen brightness, poor video audio quality they told me to factory reset it and attached a link to forums. So here I am! Evidently factory reset is their answer to everything. I don't have time to constantly be setting up my phone from scratch, and that's not a permanent solution. 

a phone is different then a computer. A reset is a last resort, or used if no user config settings apply. it rules out everything else.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step. 

But if reset does fix the problem before installing any apps, then look to apps or config changes as the culprit

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,142
Message 52 of 390

Re: Issues with Moto G5s Plus

Hi deep_prakash

I understand that you hav e couple of issues, but let me help you out. 

Please be advised that lag time on a device is usually attributed to overuse of RAM, which in turn, is ascribed to either too many running applications in the background and/or too much memory being used by applications. The best recommendation we can give to help alleviate your issue is to uninstall apps you do not need or use and to ensure that all apps running in the background are closed to ensure that the processor runs at peak efficiency.

What particular app is crashing? Is it a third party app or stiock apps? You can try clearing it cache by going to Settings > Apps > Storage > Clear cache and see if it helps. You can also try booting your phone safe mode and see if it may help with any of your concern.

As for the shutter speed, what particularly are you referring to?

There is a LED light that works only when you are charging your phone from a very low battery state. It shows us as its sign of life and shows us that the phone is charging but there is not enough battery power yet to turn on the display of the phone. All of our phones do work this way. 

For other Settings let me share them with the team. 

We share upgrade plans and more specific timing and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade page.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Hope all these information help. 

deep_prakash
Serial Port
Views: 4,120
Message 53 of 390

I at least have 890 MB of RAM free for most of the time. About the camera I was talking about the picture capturing speed. It takes it's own time and in low light and depth mode, it's even worse.

Apps that crashed quite a lot of time was Instagram, Facebook and other 3rd party applications. No stock apps.

I understand when the LED light works in this phone. I just don't understand why not make it accessible for notifications too? Why restrict it ? 

And please please give us Dark UI. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,047
Message 54 of 390

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Hi guys! I brought this up to our product team. I'm glad to inform you that this will be addressed in a future update, probably integrated with other improvements. I wish I could provide a specific timeframe but it's always a moving target. You will be automatically notified on your phone once it becomes available.

-JM

Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 995
Message 55 of 390

@moto_JM wrote:

Hi guys! I brought this up to our product team. I'm glad to inform you that this will be addressed in a future update, probably integrated with other improvements. I wish I could provide a specific timeframe but it's always a moving target. You will be automatically notified on your phone once it becomes available.

-JM

Thanks JM, for acknowledging the issue and passing it on to the concerned people.

You could have done this earlier.

Anyway thanks for informing us here.

Hope the product team will find solution and rectify it via ota update.

Do post if you find any update on the issue.

Jatin112
What's DOS?
Views: 984
Message 56 of 390

I m also facing the same issue😥
pranshu9
What's DOS?
Views: 967
Message 57 of 390

Exactly same issue with me as well...

JM please let me know that update regarding this will be available to everyone right or do I need to provide my imei details and other stuff as u mentioned earlier..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,065
Message 58 of 390

@deep_prakash wrote:

I at least have 890 MB of RAM free for most of the time. About the camera I was talking about the picture capturing speed. It takes it's own time and in low light and depth mode, it's even worse.

Apps that crashed quite a lot of time was Instagram, Facebook and other 3rd party applications. No stock apps.

I understand when the LED light works in this phone. I just don't understand why not make it accessible for notifications too? Why restrict it ? 

And please please give us Dark UI. 

Can you update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here.

For apps that are crashing, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling those apps? Or check if there are pending updates. 

The phone was designed as it is but I'll be glad to pass the feedback along. - Ella

Im9
Paper Tape
Views: 3,978
Message 59 of 390

Bought this moto g5s plus few days ago. Having the same issue.  Wifi randomly drops and then reconnects seconds later.  It is happening constantly.  Have tried all the suggested fixes posted here and there in forum by moto agents and others as well. Nothing works.

At the moment i write it down network disconnect 7 times..

I am sending the bug report. Kindly take a look and suggest something appreciative.

Cause this problem is months old. It should have solution till now. But nope.

Can anyone has solution?

Or

i have to return it and take a refund?

Rudradeep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 911
Message 60 of 390

Hello Moto Team,

I am having the same problem since last 3 days and fortunately find this thread to share the same bitter experience with the others.

I am sure that you have pin pointed the problem as you claimed earlier but for the sake of the consumers can you please make sure the nature of the problem that is it a hardware issue or some software / firmware upgrade will solve it, means do we need to wait for your update or need to rush towords the service center. I hope you took this problem seriously so looking forward for your response.

Top Kudoed Authors