cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M5J
Paper Tape
Message 201 of 261

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

@moto_swaraj! I am facing this problem in my one month old moto G5s plus. I've updated device type, carrier & IMEI number in my profile for you to investigate into this issue. When I started charging battery was 75% and after a minute or so battery goes down to ~50% and it start decreasing on keeping charger connected until it goes down to 0%. If I remove charger then mobile shows battery % in 90s. Kindly have a look. Till now, I have tried following, but it is not working:

- Hard reset as you mentioned in one of the comment that Press power button until it restarts and then charge till 100% etc.

- Tried with different charger and cable

Please help me. It is my first moto phone and experience has not been that good because of this issue.

Waiting for your reply.

RANJ11
Paper Tape
Message 202 of 261

Even I have tried the basic charging troubleshooting like
1.hard reset
2.factory reset
3.use of same charger to charge till 100% but it never reached 100 in a span of 5 hrs.
Sreevallabhan
Paper Tape
Message 203 of 261

Yes im using company provided charger only but im facing the same issue

Keshav1574
Paper Tape
Message 204 of 261

I am facing same problem..

Keshav1574
Paper Tape
Message 205 of 261

Bhai mujhe apna phone bdlwana h ye ...starting me screen burn in ki problem this..ab ye dikkat or aagyi...could you tell me the procedure...should I go to the consumer court ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 206 of 261

@Warrensxavierwrote:

@moto_swaraj idk how but that suggestion actually worked. The first tym I did it battery did charge to 100% n when I woke up it was 11%it made me angry but when I charged it again everything works like new thank u for ur assistance  

I am glad to hear that this worked, it is always good to perform a calibration if you face any issues in related to battery/slow charging/draining etc..    - Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 207 of 261

@RANJ11wrote:
Is this because of any software related or bug issue that could be remediated with any software updates or should we go to service centre

Please be informed that this is not related to any software issues, if you are still facing battery issues after performing the battery calibration, then you can perform FDR without restoring any apps and observe it for few days-- if yet you find the issues, you can let us know for us to further look into the same or you can either get in touch with the nearest service center for further assistance. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Warren121
What's DOS?
Message 208 of 261

Thank u
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 209 of 261

Hi guys,

An improvement has already been released to address this particular concern -- Battery starts decreasing on charging.  I'd like to check if anyone of you is still experiencing this specific issue. If you still are, please check if there is an available update for your device. If there is none, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone and your service provider. Please share your current software version and build number as well.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

M5J
Paper Tape
Message 210 of 261

I have tried everything now and problem is still there. Also, I have updated my build number etc. No update is available in Moro g5s plus.Please help me on this as this battery problem is very irritating.

Screenshot_20180321-070155.png

Top Kudoed Authors