Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 15,746
Message 1 of 390

Battery starts decreasing on charging.

I am facing strange issue while charging.
From last 3 weeks, there's never been a time when battery charge is 100%. It always stuck at 99% no matter how long I charge. If I unplug and plug charger again. Battery percentage starts decreasing while on charger. From 99% to 97%, 92% and so on. Sometimes It stuck at 73% or 54%. And If I unplug charger again it shows 99% never 100%. If battery is let's say 45% and i connect charger then again it starts decreasing. 45%, 42% 38% ...... If I unplug charger after 15 mins, it shows increase battery percentage. Sometime it switched off at 18% with low power message. After reading some other threads it seems like this phone Moto G5s Plus have either faulty battery or faulty firmware. Moto needs to look at it. It's not like G5s plus's Camera problem which can be ignored.
Please help in soughting this issue out.

Steps taken so far -
Recalibration - as suggested by mods in other thread.
Charging overnight.
Factory reset. Twice.
Charging in Safe mode.
Charging while phone is switched off

Device Help

I'm using Turbo charger and cable that came with the box.

woodbridge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,279
Message 2 of 390

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

The same issues, but nobody from moto is willing to look into it. They are always asking the customers to update something. In fact, they can simulate the issue easily.

Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 15,241
Message 3 of 390

I'm attaching screenshot to illustrate charging problem.
It's freshly factory resetted phone with no third party app installed.

Not even google account has been added.
Here, You can see It was -
99% on 4:01 charging
94% on 4:03 charging
88% on 4:07 charging
86% on 4:14 charging
On the Lock screen it’s showing “TurboPower connected” instead of remaining time.
I'm also having bug report generated of this particular time.

SS1.jpg

Amit157
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,209
Message 4 of 390

Moto g5s plus discharging and draining while charging

My Moto g5s plus is just a month old and I've been facing this weird problem since morning , my phone is discharging while connected to the charging , and it is draining rapidly when connected to the charger , please help me with this , whether this is a software bug or battery calibration issue ? Help me with it please .. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,192
Message 5 of 390

Hi guys! I believe you are using the original charger that came in the box with the phone. Have you tried using a different charger and charging in safe mode?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Amit157
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,182
Message 6 of 390

Yeah But a different charger other than Moto won't harm the cellphone ?

Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 15,131
Message 7 of 390

@moto_JM wrote:

Hi guys! I believe you are using the original charger that came in the box with the phone. Have you tried using a different charger and charging in safe mode?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

JM!

I am using original charger with original cable that came with the box.

Just to check, I also tried charging with branded ASUS charger briefly to see if phone is charging properly or not. but issue of battery decreasing while charging with ASUS's charger still exit. So in my view charger and cable is working as they should.

Like I mentioned in my post, I did safe mode charging and charging while phone is switched off.

Please don't take this issue lightly.

woodbridge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,125
Message 8 of 390

After calibrating the battery as instructed, I charge it in the mode of power on. The result is worse. The charging status went 3-2-1%, 75%( after charging less than 5 mins), 90%, and stuck in 32%。

My phone is blush gold dated 9/13/2017.

I can not make decisions on whether to return or exchange it before I know if this issue can be fixed, or it is a lot defective issue.

Amit157
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,117
Message 9 of 390

Hello ! I guess this is a software issue and Moto needs to rectify it with a software update ASAP .

Recalibrating , charging in the  safe mode , using a different turbo charger haven't worked till now . I guess the phones software is not reading the battery status effeciently and it is thus a software issue .

CatsAreGods
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,111
Message 10 of 390

No, since all phones have the same software, either everyone will have this problem or nobody. Therefore it is a hardware problem.
Top Kudoed Authors