Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mriganka4
Punch Card
Views: 711
Message 91 of 407

Re: Battery starts going down when charging G5s Plus

My Moto g5s plus battery percentage decreases on charging.And sometime it jumps from 45% to 77% in seconds and drained from 77% to 56% in seconds.What might be the issue??....Using the orginal moto turbo charger,Even i have tested it with another samsung adaptive fast charger but same problem with it also...Motorola many of moto g5s plus user have complain about this same issue so take it seriously.It is a serious problem......Please provide a immediate update to resolve this issue
Mriganka4
Punch Card
Views: 817
Message 92 of 407

Battery starts decreasing on charging moto g5s plus

My Moto g5s plus battery percentage decreases on charging.And sometime it jumps from 45% to 77% in seconds and drained from 77% to 56% in seconds.What might be the issue??....Using the orginal moto turbo charger,Even i have tested it with another samsung adaptive fast charger but same problem with it also....Motorola it is a serious issue so take it seriously most of the moto g5s plus user are facing this problem so please provide a immediate update to solve it

I have charged the mobile by switch off it neither goes to 100% it starts decreasing.....i have also reboot it but not solved.....factory reset also done not solved so please provide a immediate update to solve it as it is a serious problem 

Former Employee
Views: 706
Message 93 of 407

Re: Strange Battery behavior

Hi Cybernauticx

Sad to hear that but let me help. May I ask what happened before this started? I would suggest calibrating the battery and see if it helps. 

To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Nicolas36
Punch Card
Views: 697
Message 94 of 407

Re: Strange Battery behavior

Am using Kk pro luncher instead of Moto luncher with brightness half way this is kept my battery very steady compared to 4 changed a day to only 2 changes as a heavy phone user..
Lenovo Y50-70 - Motorola G5s ( XT1797)
Bkr1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 927
Message 95 of 407

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Sir pls do anything tell us we will wait for upadate or go to service centre or provide us update too fast bcz it is to much irritating pls do anything 

Former Employee
Views: 803
Message 96 of 407

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging moto g5s plus

Hi Mriganka4

May I ask when did it start? Please try calibrating the battery and see if it helps. To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Mriganka4
Punch Card
Views: 741
Message 97 of 407

From 10th december i am facing this problem i have dine all possible steps i have also contact motorola technician in phone but not solved yet.....If you see this user forum of moto g5s plus you will see most of the topics are about battery decreasing issue while charging so not only me most of the users are facing this problem....I thing it is a bugs if it then please provide a immediate software update regarding this issue or if it is a manufacturing defect then please replace the mobiles.......motorola please take immediate action it is a major problem with most of the users
Nicolas36
Punch Card
Views: 730
Message 98 of 407

I think moto luncher is the causes for this and since moving KK Pro I have had a steady bettery flow for heavy user that I am .. freaky honest input now..

Mriganka4
Punch Card
Views: 844
Message 99 of 407

I have updated my IMEI no in my profile please check
Nicolas36
Punch Card
Views: 832
Message 100 of 407

Again using moto luncher and rapidly decreasing in battery .. 🤔

As I have my G5s rooted am going to throw some tests at it,

Basically now I have uninstalled the moto luncher what came with the phone ..

now am going to use the moto z launcher because that's a premium phone plus I prefer the bigger more useful widget with more information on display .. aka command center!

compared to the one on the phone right so bear with me people .. I'll do some testing for a day ..😂

Already seeing improvements on the charging  side of things a lot faster ..

Seems to also solve the heat problem while charging by the way..😳

Top Kudoed Authors