cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shantanu7
What's DOS?
Views: 2,411
Message 31 of 407

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Brother I am also facing this problem

Samarth27
Paper Tape
Views: 2,403
Message 32 of 407

Hello JM,

I bought it 5 days ago, firstly i have same issue and tried to ressolve it by factory reset and charging it over night. 

But, battery percentages doesn't shoot up while charging, rather it decreases continuously. It suddenly shoots up when i remove charger. (Check attached screenshot)

I have read the thread, if it is a software issue, please try to have quick update. 

As per your instructions, i have also updated my IMEI number in Lenovo account, please do check.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,

Samarth

Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 2,361
Message 33 of 407

Finally!

Battery decreasing while charging is due to FAULTY BATTERY. That's why mods here aren't providing any solution. They know about the faulty battery problem but are reluctant to admit in official Moto Forum.

@all

If you're facing same problem then at first try to perform full factory reset on your phone, if that doesn't work then 99% chances that you have faulty battery.

If you're in 10 days return period then return the phone in the first instance otherwise start searching for local Service Center.

Battery calibration won't help in this case as suggested by MOTO Mods for every other problem.

In my case, Service Center guys were very helpful and polite. Initially they wanted to keep the phone for 10 days but returned it in 7 days. First they tried to reflash the firmware when it didn't solve the problem, they initiated the process of replacing the battery. Since it's new phone, spare parts are not easily available with the service center. They have to order after confirming the hardware problem. So no matter which service center you visit, it'll take at least 7 days.

It's my first Moto phone ever since i started using the mobile phone. During this period I used around 15 phones and never went to service center once. With first Moto, first Service Center visit that too in one moth of purchase aha lucky me.

Lenovo is buying cheap battery for Moto phones. I could easily count atleast 10 people with battery related problem of different moto phones at the service center.

Will never do the same mistake again.

Thanks Lenovo/ Moto.

Dave-E-Boy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,309
Message 34 of 407

I just purchased a MotoG5S PLUS less than a month ago (Oct 11 I placed my order and then had to wait of course for delivery from Motorola) and the phone was working really well. In the last two days all of a sudden when I plug in the phone , the battery starts draining. I had it at 30percent and plugged it in this morning (I had it off.. powered off) when I looked it was at 13 percent. So I unplugged the phone and then plugged it back in. Nothing.... Then I turned it on and plugged it in and it showed 87 percent. When I plugged it in while on.. it started draining... This is with the supplied battery charger and cord. Something is really not right!! I need to know if I have to return this phone ASAP or what? I was about to buy my brother the same phone as I think without this battery issue it's a great phone. But less than a month in and this is happening?? Please help me Lenovo support. This is not the kind of thing that should be happening to a brand new phone.if there is an issue, just admit it and fix it. I thank you in advance

moulisai
Paper Tape
Views: 2,267
Message 35 of 407

I do have the same issue with my Moto G SPLUS. I have updated my IMEI number and saved my personal details. Can you please check my issue?

Vysakhtk
What's DOS?
Views: 2,226
Message 36 of 407

Hello All, I am also Facing this same issue. Purchased my MotoG5 S Plus Last month with Lot of Expectation. Its giving issue for this basic charging stuff. I guess it should be a firmware issue.

This is what happening to my phone: 

When I Connect charger, Battery charge Indicator start showing as charge decreasing,. But actually battery is charging internaly.

The fun part of it is,charge indicator will come down to zero and it will switch off the prone by saying "low battery".

But if i restart the device, Enough charge will be there. 

Now I have to manage like charge for some time, And discunnect the chareger and Charge again,..So on..

Moto Please take an action on this. Plese give an update with proper fix, and let us know. Please don't ask us to Factory reset every thing and loose the whole important data from phone.

vijaypratap
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,189
Message 37 of 407

problem started again !!!!!!

After giving the phone to service centre it worked fine for almost one month and now problem started again..

And now i understand i seriously wasted my hard earned money.

I waill file police complaint regarding this.

As an law professional i know how to deal with these cheating companies

Kabir21
Punch Card
Views: 2,175
Message 38 of 407

@vijaypratap wrote:

problem started again !!!!!!

After giving the phone to service centre it worked fine for almost one month and now problem started again..

And now i understand i seriously wasted my hard earned money.

I waill file police complaint regarding this.

As an law professional i know how to deal with these cheating companies

Pratap ji

This is confirmed, this issue is due to the faulty battery.

You wrote they did software reflash on your phone.

They did they same on my phone. But after testing it for three days, they confirmed that its indeed due to faulty battery. They replaced the battery.

So no reset, no reflashing will solve this issue. May be for some period. but for long run battery needs to be replaced.

Lenovo sold us substandard Phone.

Battery issue

Camera issue

4g Low signal

No security patch/update

Arunangshu01
Paper Tape
Views: 2,164
Message 39 of 407

Okay. This thing is irking me a lot now. It's either any of the following reasons why it is happening.-

1. Faulty Battery

2. Firmware Glitch

It has to be anyone of them. Since the past one month, I have been trying to solve the issue but nothing happened. Formatted the phone fully. Factory resetted it several times. No signs of improvement of it. 

It's an earnest request to the Motorola/Lenovo Community to see to this problem ASAP if it this thing persists, it might become an exaggerated one in the coming days. 

I am posting some of the screenshots. Please see it. It's a request. Screenshot_20171111-204902.png

Screenshot_20171111-204812.png

Screenshot_20171111-204732.png

The pictures might not be in the proper manner but look the time in the screenshots. You will get to know about.

At 20:47, it's at 84%

At 20:48, it's at 82%

And at 20:49, it's at 81%.

Using the same turbocharger provided with the phone. Tried with other charger. No sign of improvement.

Please see it ASAP. 

deep_prakash
Serial Port
Views: 5,119
Message 40 of 407

Issues with Moto G5s Plus

I've had alot of issues with my phone. 

1) It has become a little slow after a month. Sudden lags. I still have 8 GB free in my internal. 

2) Apps suddenly crash.

3) Please fix the camera shutter speed

4) 60 fps recording suddenly lags and then becomes normal. I don't like the FPS drops. Fix please.

5) Live wallpapers make the phone lag! Why???? 

6) Why is the LED notification light restricted to certain use? Update it so that it can also be used for notifications too. 

7) Memory management is also very bad. Fix it pleaseee!!

8) please let us customize our system, settings UI to dark theme. I like dark. Please update them in system tuner but permanently! 

I seriously don't understand these issues, please fix them motorola. I trust you guys. 

P.S please release security patch and Oreo ASAP! Thanks! 

Top Kudoed Authors