cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bipin22
Paper Tape
Views: 717
Message 401 of 407

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Hello Kabir,

I have a same problem in my moto g5s plus.

I solve this problem was by google chrome browser is clear cache and clear data and then restart/reboot your phone. and after the problem is solved. i have not sure in your device problem this trick to solve. but try it. sometime are be solved.

Hibutaly
Paper Tape
Views: 608
Message 402 of 407

Sir pls look into my phone ....I have updated the serial number etc.... Same issue the battery decrease while charging but unce unplugged it's 98 or 99%......

Also not sure if it's related but....now when I usb tether  the phone stops charging.

Pls help....it's 7 months old now Moto g6 had this issue for more than 2 months now...very problematic sometimes...(shows wrong value of battery charge)

CPinxteren
Blue Screen Again
Views: 542
Message 403 of 407

Dear Lenovo,

I'm also dealing with the same issue. Which is perfectly explained by Kabir21 on 10-12-2017 12:01 AM

I bought the Motorola Moto G5s Plus (XT1805) in November 2017 and the issue has come to light in the summer of 2018.

I was hoping that the update to Android 8.1.0 (Oreo) might resolve the issue, unfortunately it didn't.

I also performed multiple battery calibrations, cache cleanups and charged the battery in safe mode. 

Given the fact that after an Android update and multiple security updates, and the issue still remains, it is safe to rule out that the issue is due to a software fault. Therefor the issue can only be caused by hardware.

To my knowledge that leaves two causes:

- The battery is operating improperly

- The charging port is operating improperly

Now if the battery is working improperly (faulty batch) that could cause a health hazard.

I therefor expect that Lenovo put out a statement regarding this issue. Or prioritise this issue without delay.

atishagrawal1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 510
Message 404 of 407

Hello Friend. The same problem happened with me too some time back. I am letting you know the steps I performed. Maybe this helps you too.

Motive 1: Completely Drain Battery

1.. Switch on your phone and drain the battery to 0% by keeping the phone in use full time. (Do not charge)
2. Do not turn on the battery saver mode, or if the phone automatically turns on Battery Saver mode, then disable battery saver mode.
3. When the phone shuts down, try and keep switching it on again and again until the phone stops switching on. (Android saves some battery to safely shut down. We need to completely Drain the battery, so we are forcing a restart and shutdown again and again to drain even 0.1% of the battery)
4. When the phone stops starting or responding, keep volume up + volume down + power button to boot the phone in safe mode. Repeat this step again and again like step 3, until you are no more able to enter the safe mode.
Caution: Do not select any option or change settings while in safe mode. Our motive is to switch on the phone so that the screen is on, and the battery is draining.
5. Once your phone's battery is completely dead, leave your phone for 2 hours untouched on a flat surface.

Motive 2: Full Charging Battery with Original Moto Charger
1.While kept shutdown (dead), plug in the original charger to your device and let it charge to 100%. Do not power on or touch your phone while charging.
Caution: Do not use any other charger, use the original moto charger only. And do not switch on your phone.
2. Leave the phone on charging for 3 hours. It usually takes 2 Hours for full charging and an extra 1 hour for static charging.
3. After 3 hours, remove the charger and switch on your phone. Your problem must be solved.

Try these steps carefully and it may solve your problem.
Thanks
Atish Agrawal
atishagrawal1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 509
Message 405 of 407

Hello Friend. The same problem happened with me too some time back. I am letting you know the steps I performed. Maybe this helps you too.

1.. Switch on your phone and drain the battery to 0% by keeping the phone in use full time. (Do not charge)
2. Do not turn on the battery saver mode, or if the phone automatically turns on Battery Saver mode, then disable battery saver mode.
3. When the phone shuts down, try and keep switching it on again and again until the phone stops switching on. (Android saves some battery to safely shut down. We need to completely Drain the battery, so we are forcing a restart and shutdown again and again to drain even 0.1% of the battery)
4. When the phone stops starting or responding, keep volume up + volume down + power button to boot the phone in safe mode. Repeat this step again and again like step 3, until you are no more able to enter the safe mode.
Caution: Do not select any option or change settings while in safe mode. Our motive is to switch on the phone so that the screen is on, and the battery is draining.
5. Once your phone's battery is completely dead, leave your phone for 2 hours untouched on a flat surface.

1.While kept shutdown (dead), plug in the original charger to your device and let it charge to 100%. Do not power on or touch your phone while charging.
Caution: Do not use any other charger, use the original moto charger only. And do not switch on your phone.
2. Leave the phone on charging for 3 hours. It usually takes 2 Hours for full charging and an extra 1 hour for static charging.
3. After 3 hours, remove the charger and switch on your phone. Your problem must be solved.

Thanks
Atish Agrawal

atishagrawal1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 507
Message 406 of 407

4. When the phone stops starting or responding, keep volume up + volume down + power button to boot the phone in safe mode. Repeat this step again and again like step 3, until you are no more able to enter the safe mode. 

Thanks
Atish Agrawal

shumtums
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 407 of 407

atishagrawal1 Thanks brother. works perfectly.

Top Kudoed Authors