Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisha_L
Paper Tape
Views: 1,203
Message 71 of 407

Battery not charging

Hi,

I have a Moto G5S Plus, which does is not charging properly since 2 days. When connected to the charger, the battery drains instead of charging i.e if it is 70% and I keep it for charging, it starts draining and reaches around 50-55%, but then sometimes it starts to charge. Please help.

makkara
Punch Card
Views: 1,134
Message 72 of 407

Re: Battery starts decreasing on charging.

Hi just got my phone (XT1805, g5s+) 1 day ago and noticed this excatly same problem where battery charge shows decreasing when charging it. I doubt the battery is faulty, but some kind of software / firmware bug is probably causing this.

But BEWARE this bug might actually kill your battery (phone), because if the charger cant monitor the battery properly while charging it. It might charge it with too high voltage and "kill" (worst case fire / explosion) it. So while this bug exists i will charge the phone from PC USB 2.0 port because it has limited voltage and current. Also never leave it charging over night or alone and never charge it while its full or almost full.

Even the PC shows battery decreasing while charging.Fix asap.

Edit:

When AccuBattery shows ~4200 mV voltage while charging with USB 2.0, the battery is 85% charged. Thats one way to see true charging progress.

Pankaj92
Paper Tape
Views: 962
Message 73 of 407

Re: Drainage of battery after pugging the power charger on

I got it fixed from the service center they told me that there was some hardware issue.But they also re installed the software which looks like a rooted software and the packing of the screen after solving the issue is horrible and my look like a crap the funny thing is its just 20 days since i purchased it ... I am looking forward to sell this phone and buy a new one ...
anix1
Paper Tape
Views: 956
Message 74 of 407

Now you scared me! Strange! But this is what I got from Twitter

Pankaj92
Paper Tape
Views: 950
Message 75 of 407

Great ..
Pankaj92
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 76 of 407

Then i will recommend to wait for the update
anix1
Paper Tape
Views: 974
Message 77 of 407

But I am not sure whether there gonna be any real update for this or not, or they just gave a random reply to my tweet!

Please don't mark my previous reply as a "Solution", I want someone from Motorola to reply here.

@Pankaj92 wrote:
Then i will recommend to wait for the update

anix1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,095
Message 78 of 407

I am also having the same issue. Safe ode, force restart, reset did not solve it.

I have updated the IMEI number in my profile as well.

Please solve this issue as soon as possible.

anix1
Paper Tape
Views: 823
Message 79 of 407

Battery starts going down when charging G5s Plus

Well now it is very irritating. The battery percentage is going down until it reaches 0% when the phone is plugged in.

If unplugged, the % reading seems to be proper.

If again plugged in, the % again starts going down.

Safe mode, force reboot, reset ...none of them was a solution.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

makkara
Punch Card
Views: 999
Message 80 of 407

Info on this problem that i have experienced so far:
Phone has been used for 3 days.
Phone was updated on day 1.
Phone was not first charged to full when it was started first time.

1. Charging from PC USB 2.0, phone turned off. Battery is decreasing untill 0%, then jumps to currently charged % and starts to decrease again. When charging is disconnected battery charge jumps to current %.

2. Charging from PC USB 2.0, phone turned on. Battery is decreasing to 0% and stays that way. When charging is disconnected battery charge jumps to current %. (phone critical battery shutdown after charging is disconnected.)

3. Charging with included turbocharger, phone turned on. Battery is decreasing to 0% and stays that way. after charging some time 10-30 min (original charge was ~25%), battery jumps to 99% and starts to decrease again. If charging is disconnected after the 99% jump. Battery will decrease on its own to much lower % in time, to 60% in ~30 min when this happened to me (phone was on, but not used), image attatched. Charging longer and ignoring the 99% jump will charge the battery fully and keep the %.

So:
No app should effect this problem, cause it exists even when the phone is turned off.
PC reports same decreasing battery %.
PPL have said this problem started after latest update.
AccuBattery app shows negative charging current when chargin the phone.
AccuBattery app shows battery voltage rising when charging, so its really charging and voltage seems to be reported correctly.
Turbocharging heats up battery first, but later its cold, so turbocharger seems to charge correctly (slower when battery more full) and ignores falsely reported battery %.

Top Kudoed Authors