Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NamesRUs
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth behaving erratically

I recently got a G5S Plus phone. I paired it with a hands-free system in my car, and everything worked fine for a while. That is, I could activate the hands-free system, and interact with my G5S phone through that system - e.g. I could make and receive calls, and ask Google for information, the resulting answers coming through the speakers in the hands-free device.

Fast forward a few weeks. When I ask Google to read my text messages via the hands-free device, Google's response  comes through that device's speakers. However, when I ask Google to give me the weather forecast, Google's response comes through my phone's speakers - not through the device's speakers. Until a couple of weeks ago, after such a query the sound would come through the device's speakers, as it should. I don't understand why this stopped being the case. More to the point, I do not understand why some of Google responses come through the device's speakers, while others come through the phone. 

Any suggestions/ideas on how to troubleshoot and fix this? I have already done the basics, consisting of power cycling both my G5S phone and the hands-free device, to no avail. I will try to re-pair them, but I will not do a factory reset on my phone over this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 177
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth behaving erratically

Hello NamesRUs,

Thank you for reporting, could we try to uninstall the recent update of 'Google assistance' and have it tested again. Could you also perform clear cache and then uninstall the update > reboot your device and test again. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

NamesRUs
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean "uninstall the recent update of Google Assistant"? And going back to what? And how? Also, what do you mean "uninstall the update"? The update of what?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 115
Message 4 of 4

@NamesRUs wrote:

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean "uninstall the recent update of Google Assistant"? And going back to what? And how? Also, what do you mean "uninstall the update"? The update of what?

I am sorry about the confusion, let us try this one more time. Please follow the below steps:

Locate settings > apps > Google > disable > leave it for sometime and > enable it again. Test and let us know if this helps?

If this did not help, let's have it tested in safe mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors