Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-24-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Bootloader opened on charge G5S

2021-02-24, 14:34 PM

Hello,

I've had some problems with charging/chargers over a long period of time, that have forced me to move to a different phone.  However, I still have lots of things on my old phone that I would like to keep.

As such, recently, I've tried charging my phone again, but now it appears that on charge, my phone tries to turn on, and then fails to the boot screen, with the following messages (I see the lightning in the circle, then immediately the following):

---

Start up failed:

Your device didn't start up successfully.

Use the software repair assistant on computer to repair your device.

Connect your device to your computer to get the software repair assistant.

AS Fastboot Flash Mode (secure)

Failed to verifiy hab image boot

failed to validate boot image

ERROR: Failed to pass validation, backup to fastboot

Fastboot Reason: Fall-through from charger boot mode

USB connected

---

Recovery mode and turning off lead to similar messages.  I've not been able to find documentation on a Software Repair Assistant, and connecting to my computer does nothing (even after downloading Motorola Device Manager).

If there are any solutions/fixes, I'd be really keen to find them.  I'd prefer not to factory reset, as I mentioned, I have lots of data on there I'd like to keep.

Thanks!

Options

186 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

385 Signins

3227 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3227
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Bootloader opened on charge G5S

2021-02-24, 16:14 PM

@ Qper wrote:

Hello,

I' had some problems with charging/chargers over a long period of time, that have forced me to move to a different phone.  However, I still have lots of things on my old phone that I would like to keep.

As such, recently, I' tried charging my phone again, but now it appears that on charge, my phone tries to turn on, and then fails to the boot screen, with the following messages (I see the lightning in the circle, then immediately the following):

---

Start up failed:

Your device didn' start up successfully.

Use the software repair assistant on computer to repair your device.

Connect your device to your computer to get the software repair assistant.

AS Fastboot Flash Mode (secure)

Failed to verifiy hab image boot

failed to validate boot image

ERROR: Failed to pass validation, backup to fastboot

Fastboot Reason: Fall-through from charger boot mode

USB connected

---

Recovery mode and turning off lead to similar messages.  I' not been able to find documentation on a Software Repair Assistant, and connecting to my computer does nothing (even after downloading Motorola Device Manager).

If there are any solutions/fixes, I' be really keen to find them.  I' prefer not to factory reset, as I mentioned, I have lots of data on there I' like to keep.

Thanks!

Hi! We are really sorry to hear about this. The software repair assistant mentioned in the message you get is Lenovo and Motorola Smart Assistant, but a reflash with it will erase all data from your phone and you have mentioned that you would like to avoid that. I will like to look further into this, in order to check if there is a possible solution for you that does not require losing your data. 

Could you DM me with the following details?:

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Phone number.

-IMEI number of device. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms