Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DvP20
Blue Screen Again
Views: 406
Message 1 of 7

Cannot move apps to SD card

Hi!

Had this issue for a while now, searched solutions on forums but can't solve it.

I have an SanDisk SD card setup as internal storage, but lately I've been getting error messages after rebooting the phone saying SD card not found. Error message goes away after a few minutes and the SD card is visible as storage in the settings.

However, the phone installs new apps in the internal memory (which is soon full), and when trying to move apps to the SD card I get another error message saying "internal error". When trying to migrate data it says there's not enough space even though there should be more than enough.

Lastly, the SD card does not show up at all in the Moto File Manager.

I've tried clearing cache partition and I've tried removing and reboot but nothing helps.

Please help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 368
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot move apps to SD card

Hi DvP20,

Our suggestions would be to back up your SD card and format the same > try again to see if that makes any difference. 

To backup --leave your SD card in your device > Connect to the Computer and try backing up. 

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
DvP20
Blue Screen Again
Views: 364
Message 3 of 7

Hi Swaraj!

Thanks for replying! The only formatting option I find is "format as external", is this your recommendation?

Not really what I was looking for when I obtained the SD card in the first place, I would prefer to use it as internal.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 302
Message 4 of 7

Hi DvP20,

Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Need help updating your profile? See here. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 280
Message 5 of 7

Hi DvP20,

Can you please try this suggestion: Backup your SD card first, format it as portable then try formatting the sd card again as internal. Make sure you choose to move/migrate data when prompted. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

DvP20
Blue Screen Again
Views: 263
Message 6 of 7

Hi Rich!

Thanks for helping! I tried to format the SD card. When I try to format as portable nothing happens, it just says it's done & ready to use, but the SD card was not configured at all.

Then when I tried to configure as internal I got an error message as shown at the bottom of the attached picture.

Oh, and I was never prompted to migrate either.

SD card fried? Seems strange as it was semi-working...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 242
Message 7 of 7

Hi DvP20,

Thanks for trying. Possible the SD card is corrupted, try using another SD card, preferably a brand new one and see if that fixes it. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors