Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

50 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 1 of 2

Cannot remove *.ogg audio files - why??

2021-08-28, 7:44 AM

Several years ago I put about 40 audio clips on my g5s phone and I listen to them when out walking.  Lately, 11 small audio files - whistles trains sounds et al - have appeared in the audio files list without my doing anything to get them.  I've tried removing them - plug in to PC locate, delete etc - but the next time the phone starts they are back in the audio list.  Done this twice now.

A friend has suggested that an app, not finding them on start, gets them back.

I normally keep the apps up to date, but I don't expect this sort of behaviour; enough to turn one off updating if this happens regularly.

What are those .ogg clip files used for, and which app updated recently needs to use them ???

Options

2721 Posts

11-24-2020

India

252 Signins

27635 Page Views

• Views: 27635
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Cannot remove *.ogg audio files - why??

2021-08-30, 12:52 PM

Hi Davidk13

Thanks for writing to us. Let me check and help you here. It's very likely that 3rd party apps are downloading/installing them as part of the app. You could likely figure out the app by long-pressing one of the .ogg files to put a check next to it, and then tap on the menu (3 dots on the top right) then tap on File info. Look at the path /storage/emulated/0...... it might have an app name in the path. On your phone, it could be a different game or 3rd party app that is putting the audio files there. I hope it is clear. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms