cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SchlongkyDong
Paper Tape
Views: 2,347
Message 1 of 11

G5S Plus (XT1805) BLE not working at all?

So far, I've been happy with my G5S Plus, but I've just ran into a problem. BLE doesn't work at all, My Pokemon Go Plus fails to connect, and my BLE Thermostat fails as well. Is this a known problem, with any fixes, or should I just return the phone and get something that works? Considering those don't work, I doubt my Misfit would work either, or even Android Wear watches?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,251
Message 2 of 11

Re: G5S Plus (XT1805) BLE not working at all?

@SchlongkyDong wrote:

So far, I've been happy with my G5S Plus, but I've just ran into a problem. BLE doesn't work at all, My Pokemon Go Plus fails to connect, and my BLE Thermostat fails as well. Is this a known problem, with any fixes, or should I just return the phone and get something that works? Considering those don't work, I doubt my Misfit would work either, or even Android Wear watches?

Hi SchlongkyDong

This will be fixed in a future software update. We don't have any timing to share though. You will receive a notification once it is available. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

León42
What's DOS?
Views: 2,119
Message 3 of 11

Does this affect the non-S Moto G5 Plus too? Because my Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is draining its battery WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster than when I had my previous phone. I suspect this is because of the phone using standard Bluetooth, instead of Bluetooth Low Energy. 

MeOnMoto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,778
Message 4 of 11

I have similar problems with the G5s. Is this device also affected by this known problem ?

The g5s is a really awsome phone, but without a woring bt stack is unseable to me...

SchlongkyDong
Paper Tape
Views: 1,657
Message 5 of 11

This seems really stupid, as it's an advertised feature, that's literally broken on the shipped software. Is this really the kind of support I can expect from Lenovo, as in that case, I'm done recommending your phones, and honestly considering returning mine.

Rush01
What's DOS?
Views: 1,480
Message 6 of 11

Any date on this fix?

Thanks,

BertB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,087
Message 7 of 11

Any date on this fix? I have just bought a Moto G5S plus and found that my BLE devices do not connect. Is there a workaround available? 

Razvan2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 927
Message 8 of 11

sudanger
Punch Card
Views: 753
Message 9 of 11

Any news? I suspect 5Gs have the same issue. Bought two, cannot connect our Polar V800 GPS watches via BT...Worked fine with Moto G3 and 4. Smiley Sad

malonej2
What's DOS?
Views: 465
Message 10 of 11

This must be why my Fitbit Flex quit holding a charge.  I got the new phone in December, and then the Fitbit quit holding a charge.  I got a new Fitbit Flex 2 & it will not stay connected to the bluetooth!  This sucks big time.  

Top Kudoed Authors