cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william102000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 757
Message 61 of 289

Re: G5S Plus with dust in camera (INCREDIBLE)

Mine may also soon be affected. I think I see dust on the black plastic of the viewfinder which will probably fall onto the glass. I'll update if it does.

EDIT: Yeah, I definitely have dust  on my camera. I only see a couple specks but I've only had it a day!

I'm going to try an experiment. I know I'm affected by this issue so I have covered the rear mic, headphone jack (don't use it anyway) and space between the flash + camera glass with tape. If it doesn't get worse we can assume it's one of those three openings that is letting dust in.

WR
AerovetteAB
Punch Card
Views: 726
Message 62 of 289

Do tell us if it works out.

Rafalex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 719
Message 63 of 289

A friend has only covered the microphone and has apparently stopped the dust.

Look at the photos, in all photos the dust goes from top to bottom, so we could clearly assume that the problem is the microphone.

Anyway, this should not happen and I'm still waiting for Motorola's response

MattForumsMngr Moto_JM 

Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 668
Message 64 of 289

@Rafalex wrote:

Look at the photos, in all photos the dust goes from top to bottom, so we could clearly assume that the problem is the microphone.

MattForumsMngr Moto_JM 

My apologies. We got our wires crossed here about who was doing what and didn't reply on this thread.

If you have dust in the camera lens, please submit your phone for repair -- this is fully covered under warranty.

If you can also please put the serial number of the phone in your profile before you send it in, that will help us determine the source of the problem. (Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

Again, apologies for making you wait on this response.

- Matt

Adydas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 644
Message 65 of 289

Is it possible  tht all the profiles of all the person complaining  for the problem is incomplete  ??

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 632
Message 66 of 289

@Adydas wrote:

Is it possible  tht all the profiles of all the person complaining  for the problem is incomplete  ??

It's possible - yours is. Smiley Very Happy

I was responding to a previous question about why we wanted the IMEI.

- Matt

sachincr
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 67 of 289

Hi,
Is that secure to update the Serial/IMEI of our phone under profiles?
Also you have told to submit phone for service centers for repairs. Can i know whether the repair will be made without heating or moulding or you are going replace the handsets?
FinalLuis
SCSI Port
Views: 609
Message 68 of 289

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@Rafalex wrote:

MattForumsMngr Moto_JM 

My apologies. We got our wires crossed here about who was doing what and didn't reply on this thread.

If you have dust in the camera lens, please submit your phone for repair -- this is fully covered under warranty.

If you can also please put the serial number of the phone in your profile before you send it in, that will help us determine the source of the problem. (Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

- Matt

And who assures me that the next one will not have this problem?

AerovetteAB
Punch Card
Views: 589
Message 69 of 289

@FinalLuis wrote:

And who assures me that the next one will not have this problem?

I need this assurance as well.
I don't want a new phone to be opened, and I don't want just a cleaning of the dust. But if you are replacing the handset, I need assurance, and a valid one, that the next batch will not have this problem, else, I need a denial letter from the service centres stating that the problem is yet to be solved, so that I can submit it to the dealer (Amazon here) and return the phone. I am willing to wait till the next batch of phones arrives without the dust issue AND the camera software issue (photo blur), but I do not want to use a defective phone till then.

Requesting a reply, Matt.

Finaldark
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 70 of 289

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@Rafalex wrote:

MattForumsMngr Moto_JM 

- Matt

For repair? WHAT??? Wait MattForumsMngr! is that your solution? for that we wait more than 2 weeks, for this absurd response?

I do not want an open phone and repaired by an error that is not my fault 

Top Kudoed Authors