cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sindhuchandran
Blue Screen Again
Views: 641
Message 241 of 289

Re: G5S Plus with dust in camera (INCREDIBLE)

I went to the service center and they told me they will replace the lens. the service agent wasn't even sure about it. He first told me they will clean the lens then told me replace. But they are not sure if the issue will be fixed by doing that. This sucks! You create a product and if there is a defect in it, we can't keep running to the service center. I think this is just a workaround and we need a permanent fix to it. This whole issue has ruined my reputation of Moto phones and services. IF members have been reporting ti for so long, why hasn't there been any fix for this?

Soulgrass
Paper Tape
Views: 579
Message 242 of 289

Hello!

I purchased the mobile from vadodara, india.

After purchasing the device, i started to read about the issues(out of curiosity) and came across this problem, and then saw the possible work around of applying tape at the back microphone.

I did that (applied a strip of paper tape) and there hasn't been any dust accumulation till now.

So if anyone wants a temporary solution, this is the way to go because the chances of this problem being officialy fixed are next to zero.

Also, my back cover ensures that the tape does not wear off.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 565
Message 243 of 289

Hello guys,

We recommend submitting your phone for repair. The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem. If you encounter a repair center that does not know how to fix this issue OR if the issue continues even after repair, please send an email to supportforums@motorola.com with your contact details, name and location of the service center, job sheet information (if any) and a brief description of what happened with the service. We will properly escalate it to the concerned team.

Regards,

JM

Moto Support

deepak2290
What's DOS?
Views: 516
Message 244 of 289

Dust entered in rear camera second time. first i got  cleaned it by service center but dust still enters. what to do? how to replace phone?

Adorableanand00
What's DOS?
Views: 456
Message 245 of 289

Yes ..this affect the potos in a greater manner... really a very big mistake it is....very bad photo quality is nw
Bhaviksolanki1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 414
Message 246 of 289

Hello everyone I want to convey a message regarding the camera dust. The Moto has got a solution for the same. Go to the service center and tell them to repalce the metal back. It will solve the dust problems. I changed mine's metal back and the problem is gone. It's one week now and I can't see any dust in camera

Upsidedawn7777
What's DOS?
Views: 391
Message 247 of 289

I purchased the Moto g5s plus in January 2018 , since then I've got it repaired 5 times and replaced the phone's camera (all within 2.5 months) for the same problem - accumulation of dust from inside the camera glass . The people at the service centre are so neglectful to help you and provide you a proper solution. I even tried to get help from the main helpline but they always give a monotonous advice that is " please visit the service center for the last time ".

Motorola has lost my respect Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 349
Message 248 of 289

@Upsidedawn7777wrote:

I purchased the Moto g5s plus in January 2018 , since then I've got it repaired 5 times and replaced the phone's camera (all within 2.5 months) for the same problem - accumulation of dust from inside the camera glass . The people at the service centre are so neglectful to help you and provide you a proper solution. I even tried to get help from the main helpline but they always give a monotonous advice that is " please visit the service center for the last time ".

Motorola has lost my respect Smiley Sad

Hi Upsidedawn7777

If the issue continues even after repair, please send an email to supportforums@motorola.com with your contact details, name and location of the service center, job sheet information (if any) and a brief description of what happened with the service. We will properly escalate it to the concerned team.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Sswt
What's DOS?
Views: 273
Message 249 of 289

My phone is also showing the same problem . What should I do ? Day by day the dust is increasing so image quality will get affected .
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 236
Message 250 of 289

@Sswt wrote:
My phone is also showing the same problem . What should I do ? Day by day the dust is increasing so image quality will get affected .

We recommend submitting your phone for repair. The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem. If you encounter a repair center that does not know how to fix this issue, please post the location and name of that center and we will reach out to them. Here's the link to locate the one nearest you: http://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/trackrepair2

Regards,

JM

Top Kudoed Authors