cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto_Ani
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,020
Message 211 of 311

Re: G5S Plus with dust in camera (INCREDIBLE)

I have the same problem and the dust is inside the lens, i cannot wipe it. It was there since i had unboxed the phone, that means it came from the company itself. Initially i thought its normal and can be ignored. But when i compared pics taken by my phone with the pics taken by my friend's phone(same model without camera dust), i found the issue.

The image coming from my phone is less saturated, low color intensity and faded.

Be aware, when you look only your phone images, it will looks like normal. But when you compare with the other phone images( same phone without camera dust), you will find the image quality difference.

I asked about this problem on this fourum, Motorola said go to Service Center and they will clean your lens. but i went their, nobody bothored about the problem. They said its  not dust and its a normal thing, we will not consider it as issue.

And they started laughing.

Now one thing is clear to me - Never buy any android phone except OnePlus, and better is Iphone.

I attaching the image. 

reyrey71
Punch Card
Views: 913
Message 212 of 311

I just read through this form thread after posting how to complete registration. I just purchased this phone (g5s) christmas to replace an Apple phone for their lack of transparency of the battery issues. I can not support them for not being honest and wanted a mid range android unlocked phone and this fit (g5s) fit the bill.  I hope Motorola/Lenova aren't dishonest like Apple was.  From all I read it seems to be a build (design flaw) issue that is allowing the dust in. My guess is the headphone jack is the culprit as it sits up top where the camera is. The G5 Plus has no issues with dust and the headphone jack on that one sits at the bottom (also they have the mic near the back cam no dust issues) 

My question is does this dust issue affect the US XT1806 version? No I don't seen any dust yet. To me it seems pointless to send it in to have the dust removed only to have it return again if it is a design flaw. 

Wondering if I should just return the phone while I am in the 14 day return..

mitchel1
HDMI
Views: 856
Message 213 of 311

Looks like XT1804 Have this problem with dust in camera

ragavveera
Fanfold Paper
Views: 778
Message 214 of 311

The service centre cleaned the dust and gave it back. They had damaged my screen and replaced it a new screen when trying to open it. My phone was with them for 15 days. Now again the dust entered and covered the camera. What should i do now? Should i give the phone again to service and wait for 15 more days???

Saikadam96
Paper Tape
Views: 774
Message 215 of 311

I am using Moto g5s plus device and facing the CAMERA IN DUST PROBLEM please solve this problem

ragavveera
Fanfold Paper
Views: 770
Message 216 of 311

As of now, even motorola doesn't know to solve this problem. They will ask you to take it to the service center to clean it. The dust will again accumulate in a week.
Bhautikgajera
What's DOS?
Views: 662
Message 217 of 311

i have same probleam but now how to solve this problem 

STDog
Token Ring
Views: 578
Message 218 of 311

@Bhautikgajera wrote:

i have same probleam but now how to solve this problem 

No permanent fix yet.

Sanjeeth212
Blue Screen Again
Views: 508
Message 219 of 311

Even I too have the same problem, i havepurchased mobile on 14th October, 2017. After 15 days of purchase i have found the dust in camera then i approched Amazon, but they said that because of their only 10 days of replacement policy they can't do anything. So i approched Motolora service centre in Hyderabad, and asked for replacement but they didn't accept and said they will service the device, and removed the dust. This is fine.

But, after 15 days again the dust has formed in camera lens. I don't know really what the heck is going on with Moto. You have answer for this manufacturing defect. Can you please tell me what is the problem with these mobiles and solution for this. 

Moto_Ani
Fanfold Paper
Views: 498
Message 220 of 311

I am having same issue. Camera have dust from inside. Due to this picture quality is affecting. You will not notice it until you compare with other phone(same model without camera dust). Motorola don't have the solution till now. And now Im tired of complaining again and again to Motorola. Iam used to with it now.

Top Kudoed Authors