Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 1 of 9

G5S touchscreen problems

I'm having problems with the touchscreen on my 15 month old G5S 

The screenworks generally without fault until the final selection/dialogue box, whereby I cannot select 'ok' or 'continue'.

For example, in the O2 priority app, I can select to use a voucher, but cannot select 'use' when asked to confirm my selection.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 280
Message 2 of 9

Re: G5S touchscreen problems

Hi Dan1984,

Thanks for posting. Are you only experiencing that behavior on that specific app? If so, kindly make sure the app is up to date in Play store, as well all other apps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Dan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 3 of 9

Hi Rich

Thanks for your reply.

No, sadly it seems to be on ALL apps when a pop up selction box appears. sigh

Daniel

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 259
Message 4 of 9

Hi Daniel,

I don't get what you meant with the "final selection/dialogue box, and you cannot select 'ok' or 'continue'." Are you seeing that with all apps? Can you boot your phone in safe mode? Check and see if you'll experience the same behavior. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Dan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 5 of 9

Hey Rich

Thanks again for your reply.

Sorry not to be able to explain more clearly.

It is happening in all apps and outside of apps too. So, for example, when I follow your instructions, a dialogue box opens asking me if I want to restart in safe mode, with the options to either continue or cancel and I am unable to select either :-(

Dan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 218
Message 6 of 9

Hey Rich

Thanks again for your reply.

Sorry not to be able to explain more clearly.

It is happening in all apps and outside of apps too. So, for example, when I follow your instructions, a dialogue box opens asking me if I want to restart in safe mode, with the options to either continue or cancel and I am unable to select either :-(
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 196
Message 7 of 9

Hi Dan1984,

Thanks for further explaining. Can you please send me a screenshot showing this? Also, do you see this in safe mode too?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Dan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 8 of 9

Hi Rich, I will try to send a screenshot when using the phone later. The problem is that the touch screen does not work whenever there is an option asking me to confirm or cancel any given command.

As I have mentioned, I am unable to restart in safe mode because such a box appears asking if I want to confirm or cancel the command to restart and the fault is preventing me from selcting either.

Warmly

Daniel
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 168
Message 9 of 9

Hi Dan1984,

Thanks. If you can send a screenshot that's gonna be helpful. But in this case, I would rather recommend doing an external reset, can you please check and confirm if the touchscreen works in the recovery options?

External Reset

If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.

Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.

Once you have reset your password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password. 

Notes:

• When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
  • Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.

1.  With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2.  Press the Volume Down button until the flag next to the power button reads "Recovery mode"

3.  Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.

4.  You'll see an image of an Android robot with the words "No Command:".

5.  While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button.

6.  Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.

7.  Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors