Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amber781
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,966
Message 1 of 16

G5s wont Bluetooth Pair with Garmin Connect app

Hi there,

I just bought a Vivosmart 3 Garmin watch.

When I try to pair it via Bluetooth, my phone can see it (it comes up with Vivosmart 3 in visible devices) but it wont complete the pairing. A bar comes up on the Garmin app to show progress, gets a tiny bit in (so, starts the process) for only 1 second then says 'paring failed'. repeatedly. 

I've plugged the smartwatch into the Garmin program on my computer to check its all up to date. (it is)

Ive checked my phone has the right specs (Android 4 and above and Bluetooth 4 and above) and it does, and you would think so, its not very old.

I've looked at my Bluetooth settings on phone and watch, cant see any issues. My phone will pair with my car stereo (so has bluetooth pairing capability).

I've paired my vivsmart garmin watch with an old British Android Tablet and that works (so the bluetooth on the Garmin is working).

I have contacted Garmin who only can say to do these things.

I can see the pairing is capable, the two devices see each other and start too go through the process each time i press 'pair now' and very quickly, but then immediately dumps out.

Can anyone help please? It wasnt cheap the watch, and the old tablet app isnt showing all features, so will be a waste of money. My G5s is only a couple of months old too,

thanks

Amber

A Harrison
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,899
Message 2 of 16

Re: G5s wont Bluetooth Pair with Garmin Connect app

Hi Amber781,

Try removing all paired devices on your phone, then pair and connect it will only the Garmin watch. If it still fails, go ahead with network settings reset. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Sompele
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,856
Message 3 of 16

I'm having same problem with a Masterlock (bluetooth padlock).

Tried everything lenovo suggested :

- Reset network settings

- firmware masterlock is up-to-date

- phone is up-to-date

- Restarted phone

- Tried with scanning on and off

- Safe mode

Product is found by bluetooth, but pairing does not work.

Found on other thread here on forum Lenovo was going to look into the problem after multiple users had problems. That was couple of months ago. Since then only thing that changed are more people having problems to pair things to the phone. Tried it with my G5s plus and a G5s, no luck, used a samsung and worked like a charm. So Lenovo, any update on the mather or do we go to the compitition?

MarcoCRE
What's DOS?
Views: 1,853
Message 4 of 16

Hi,

i have the same problem. Moto g5s vs Garmin Vivoactive 3. The device it's paired, ma the Bluetooth connection it comes and goes...every 10 seconds: Connected/Not connected/connected...

I try removing all paired devices (now it's paired only with the Garmin) and after i reset all the smartphone. I have reinstalled all the software. Nothing.

Thank you for your help

regards

Marco

Amber781
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,832
Message 5 of 16

I have also tried all possible suggestions: rebooting and factory reset of phone without other apps. Bluetooth scanning on or off. Forgetting other bluetooth pairings so starting from scratch. Taking the Garmin app on and off.....

It pairs with my (very) old tablet, so this has got to do withy G5s phone.

Please help! What else can we do? Lots of people having the same issue, not just in this thread but other threads on this forum.

What's different about the blue tooth on G5s phones please?

A Harrison
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,745
Message 6 of 16

Hello guys,

Kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

I will pass it along to our product team for investigation.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Amber781
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,707
Message 7 of 16

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lp7D51kHcfo-s5EJMg45R6geuWoeIzlT/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpwPG3Xw5goqsf9dx7GQJdECz28XE_xe/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi JM,

Thanks for the instructions.

I managed to do these reports. 

Do these above links allow access to view them to my Google drive, or do I need to find another way to make them available?

Thanks very much

Amber 

A Harrison
Amber781
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,705
Message 8 of 16

A Harrison
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,639
Message 9 of 16

Thank you for this bug report. This will help in determining what may be causing this. I will pass this along to our product team. We will appreciate your patience while we wait for feedback from them.

In the meantime, what are the current software version and build number of your phone?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Amber781
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,607
Message 10 of 16

Thank you.

Android 8.1.0 and build number OPP28.65-37

Cheers

Amber 

A Harrison
Top Kudoed Authors