12-26-2017

GB

84 Signins

539 Page Views

• Views: 539
  • Message 1 of 5

Getting Unstuck!

2020-05-12, 1:17 AM
My Other half's G5s screen has become unglued. Obviously out of warranty, but we would like it repaired through official channels if possible. Or suggestions about reputable repairers in NW England. I realize it's a simple enough job, but I don't have heat guns or fierce enough hair dryers!! Thanks!
Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Getting Unstuck!

2020-05-12, 9:11 AM

@ StubCrouch wrote:

My Other half's G5s screen has become unglued. Obviously out of warranty, but we would like it repaired through official channels if possible. Or suggestions about reputable repairers in NW England. I realize it's a simple enough job, but I don't have heat guns or fierce enough hair dryers!!Thanks!

Hi, 

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! Please contact our Motorola Support from your region for further assistance.

Here is the link.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

61 Posts

12-11-2015

US

113 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-05-12, 15:52 PM

You might want to check your phone for a bulging battery. My screen started separating so I took it to an authorized repair center and found out my battery was going bad and swelling up pushing the screen away from the rest of the phone.

Options

37 Posts

12-26-2017

GB

84 Signins

539 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-05-12, 17:01 PM

Thanks for the tip.   Will mention that in conversation with "Support". The phone is just 2 years and 4 month old, but gets a lot of use.

Options

37 Posts

12-26-2017

GB

84 Signins

539 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-05-15, 9:51 AM
For anyone interested in developments on this, should they too be contemplating being environmentally friendly and having a repair done to their phone. Here's what Motorola have quoted. Just to look at the phone - £34 "Administration and Returns" - £19 That's before even quoting for repairs.🙄 How much for a new battery these days, if that's the problem as has been suggested? How much then to re-stick the screen after the phones innards have been torn out and replaced? I really baulk at these "Charging you to look at it" fees. Deliberately put in place to put people off and that - from an environmentally aware point of view, absolutely stinks. Companies should welcome customers getting in touch about problems, from a research and development point of view, it should be useful in making sure the same things don't happen again. For instance in this case, sticking a battery where the sun doesn't shine so it can't be easily replaced (and potentially damages the phone if this is the case) Aren't they interested "why?" Also extremely bad from an environmental point of view, but I digress...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete