Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_d
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 1 of 4

Hardware Installation Service

I have had a bad few months of terrible service from Motorola. It started with my G5S+ that was bought last fall and it kept shutting down. So it was mailed in and after being returned with a new main board and a new IMEI number, it acted buggy. Apps crashed the phone shut down and when Oreo 8.1 came along, I had hoped this would solve it. It did not, in fact it would not even install it and gavet he dead Android symbol. At this point it kept shutting down in the middle calls, texts and when online, or evern completely left unattended. 

So I had to go through endless calls and emails because one department of Motorola doesn't talk to another. In fact, one of the reasons I liked it was because I could take it around the US and Europe and it was compatible with CDMA and GSM networks as well as good amount of frequencies within these networks. One SMALL DETAIL that Motorola doesn't advertise, which is that they do not service phones if they malfunction in the area you are, for example, when in France they wouldn't service the phone because it was bought in the US. So being clever and stupid at the same time I bought another GS5+ so I could use one in case of emergency. Wrong. When my phone with the bad mother board had problems the UK service center repaired it, as it was being used there. Now that I am in France, the UK center doesn't even suggest that there is a French Service Center. Eventually after researching I found it and called them, all should be good now right? Wrong. So as I explained the whole main board and new IMEI number to ther representative, I was told, 'no problem', just put the letter from Lenovo/Motorola into the package and letter explaining my problem, which I did. I even added my email and French phone number so they could call me if they needed to. Well the needed to and they didn't call me. Weeks later I called to ask what was up with the phone and was told the technician couldn't unlock the phone. Really? Shockingly the tech was not told that the phone's IMEI number changed with the new main board, more shockingly they don't have any record of this so they can figure it out on their own. EVEN MORE SHOCKINGLY they never even asked me a thing. 

So my lesson learned is it is not worth it to have Moto products because of their support and because they aren't really mobile outside of the country they are sold in because they do not honor their products.

SO now I wait for the support center to respond, and meanwhile I am shopping for a new phone, not by Motorola.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 180
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hardware Installation Service

Hi James_d,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. We have escalated this to our team for further investigation. We will have one of our team get in touch with you for further assistance.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
James_d
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 3 of 4

I have been calling nearly daily to your France service center, and your manager there has been good with his responses. Apparently the UK repair people never logged in the new IMEI number in the system and the French technical dept cannot access the phone. I was told I was going to get a replacement phone but still no date when yet. Whatever you can do I would really appreciate. I have really spoken very highly of your G series, own 5 in my family. Thankfully I have a second phone to work around but It is real pain to switch the simm cards to send and receive calls and texts

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 159
Message 4 of 4

@James_d wrote:

I have been calling nearly daily to your France service center, and your manager there has been good with his responses. Apparently the UK repair people never logged in the new IMEI number in the system and the French technical dept cannot access the phone. I was told I was going to get a replacement phone but still no date when yet. Whatever you can do I would really appreciate. I have really spoken very highly of your G series, own 5 in my family. Thankfully I have a second phone to work around but It is real pain to switch the simm cards to send and receive calls and texts

Thanks for reverting, let me put this across to the concerned team for further assistance. Appreciate your efforts and patience in this regard. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Top Kudoed Authors