Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-08-2018

India

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 11 of 37

Re: Hotspot issues after Oreo update

2018-11-08, 10:48 AM
  • Please help anyone .. can't conndcc my hotspot after Oreo update in my Moto g5s plus... Settings reset n Ap band change to 5.mhz is of no use... Still facing same issue...
Options

36 Posts

07-13-2017

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

77 Signins

434 Page Views

• Views: 434
  • Message 12 of 37

2018-11-08, 15:13 PM

I figured out that it can be sim cards problem, sometimes certain service provider do not allow sharing internet, but  The restriction somehow did not work before the upgrade. However after the upgrade Oreo recognises the restriction and stop data sharing imposed by service provider.

To test this out you can put another sim card in your phone, you may find it working normally

Options

2 Posts

11-20-2018

India

3 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 13 of 37

2018-11-21, 16:10 PM
No buddy same sim cards worked in other phone and there is not issue with hotspot in other Phone
Options

2018-11-21, 17:23 PM

Try removing other APNs in Settings -> networks -> mobile network -> Advanced -> Access point names that are not selected as active. It might be a bug in the OS.

Options

2 Posts

11-29-2018

Saudi Arabia

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 15 of 37

2018-11-29, 19:57 PM
Same with me. I am not able to use hotspot even after resetting. Lenovo, you need to help us
Options

2018-11-29, 21:26 PM
This problem is apparently caused by having another APN saved, even if it is not active. Deleting all except the active APN fixed it for me. Settings -> networks -> mobile network -> Advanced -> Access point names
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2018

Saudi Arabia

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 17 of 37

2018-11-30, 0:45 AM

Deleting unused APNs solved the problem in my G5plus. Thank you pals

Options

2 Posts

12-07-2018

Guernsey

8 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 18 of 37

2018-12-07, 17:48 PM

None of the proposed solutions work I have a G5, purchased one year ago and Hotspot worked brilliantly, allowing me to roam across Europe using an iPad accessing the Hotspot for easier access to relevant reading materials. Since the last operating system update, I can’t do this. Hotspot is visible to all other devices (iPad, wife’s phone and iPad etc), but nothing connects to the internet. 

Is it true what some users suggest.....bugs in the new software? Can I uninstall Oreo 8.1? 

Moto.....please help.

Options

1045 Posts

10-08-2015

India

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 19 of 37

2018-12-13, 14:14 PM

wrote:

None of the proposed solutions work I have a G5, purchased one year ago and Hotspot worked brilliantly, allowing me to roam across Europe using an iPad accessing the Hotspot for easier access to relevant reading materials. Since the last operating system update, I can’t do this. Hotspot is visible to all other devices (iPad, wife’s phone and iPad etc), but nothing connects to the internet. 

Is it true what some users suggest.....bugs in the new software? Can I uninstall Oreo 8.1? 

Moto.....please help.

Hi PeterWTC,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the delay in response. We are trying to isolate the cause of this concern which is precisely the reason why we provide some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried the steps we initially provided?

If yes, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using. Below are the steps for getting the Bug Report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug Report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Options

8 Posts

12-30-2018

Denmark

11 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 20 of 37

2018-12-30, 11:03 AM

What is going on. Nothing. Can you please send a fix for my expencive and total useless Moto5s Plus. I dont have time for all your bug report. I bought it, fix it. I tried all suggestiong but no hotspot. I need this feature for work/study.. 

Come on Moto I suportded you since G2/G3/G4, never had as much trouble as with this crap telefon. Please fix it. 

Deleting, renaming, resetting, testing with other sims, no effect. 

These problems have been here for a while now, are you trying to fix it or you dont care?

I am really disappointed with you guys, get it done.  Easy, click - fix. 

My carrier is : Telmore.dk
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms