cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashifali
Paper Tape
Views: 1,199
Message 1 of 4

How to take full data backup of my Moto G5s Plus device?

Hello Guys,

I want to take full data backup of my Moto G5s plus as I have to give in service center to repair it. Is there any easiest way to take the data backup including SMS and contacts apart from conventional copy the data through USB cable?

I have also privacy concern as I want to give it in the service center here in Bangalore, India. I want to know how safe is my data as service center guy told me it would take 1 or 2 days to repair it so I have leave my phone in service center during that period.

Any suggestion is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kashif

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 1,185
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to take full data backup of my Moto G5s Plus device?

Excellent question - I await a helpful answer - with very low expectation Smiley Sad

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 1,101
Message 3 of 4

Without rooting the phone, there really isn't a way for you to do a full data backup.  There are backup utilities (Helium is one) that does not require root, but it cannot backup everything (but it does backup most things).  There are also 3rd-party utilities that will specifically backup all your SMS messages, but they won't backup all your other data.  Your contacts should be automatically backed up to the Google Cloud.  

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 1,034
Message 4 of 4

@Internetpilot

In the dim pistant past at various times with PCs I used Norton Ghost, Clonezilla and Acronis True Image Backup to make image copies of PCs for disaster recovery purposes.

I know that Acronis and Clonezilla run under Linux; Android is based on Linux.  God alone knows why there isn't a tool to "Image" an Androis device?

The fact that any data at all of mine is backed up by Google (or any  other Cloud service) is not exactly a positive from my point of view Smiley Wink

Top Kudoed Authors