Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eb88
What's DOS?
Views: 299
Message 1 of 4

How to transfer pictures to my laptop WITHOUT using Google photos

Hello everyone,

this might seem like a quite stupid question but I am lost ...

I want to transfer the pictures from my phone (Moto G5 S Plus) to my laptop but without sync them to Google pictures. I just want to connect my phone with my laptop via charging cable and do it the good old copy paste way. But if I try it, it says there are no pictures or videos on my phone, and I can't access my SD card.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot in advance Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 249
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to transfer pictures to my laptop WITHOUT using Google photos

@eb88 wrote:

Hello everyone,

this might seem like a quite stupid question but I am lost ...

I want to transfer the pictures from my phone (Moto G5 S Plus) to my laptop but without sync them to Google pictures. I just want to connect my phone with my laptop via charging cable and do it the good old copy paste way. But if I try it, it says there are no pictures or videos on my phone, and I can't access my SD card.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot in advance Smiley Happy

Are you sliding down the notification bar to see " usb charging" in the list of notifications? Did you tap on that and change to transfer files? If you don't see this message in the notification list, you may have a charge only cable. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 247
Message 3 of 4

Hi eb88,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are always ready to assist you. When you connect your phone to your PC via USB, it will always default to "charge only" mode. This is a security feature, to keep your data secure.

If you can see your phone in Windows Explorer, but double-clicking doesn't reveal the files, this is the problem, and it's easily solved. When connected to your laptop, pull down the notification bar on phone and under USB, select MTP or PTP mode.  If the notification shade pull down doesn't show USB options, you may have a charge only cable. 

Please let us know if this helps.  

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

eb88
What's DOS?
Views: 204
Message 4 of 4

Thank you so much! I'll try that Smiley Happy
Top Kudoed Authors