Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schuylercat
Paper Tape
Views: 5,322
Message 1 of 3

I could kick myself for buying this G5S Plus - NFC

Is NFC hobbled on this phone, or is the sensor not implemented in the hardware? I just got into Android pay, and I love it. Used to love it, anyway.

Whining here: I was in too much of a hurry, and assumed basic, widespread 4 year-old technology would be built into my G5S Plus. I went to GSMArena and didn't really pay attention when I read (market dependent) for NFC. I mean, the US isn't exactly a small market, exactly, go NFC would be there, right? Of course. Cell phone manufacturers put NFC in everything.

No. They don't. Apparently.

So my "best budget phone" decision makes me feel like I bought a "cheap phone." The 3 year old phone I replaced with it, if the battery worked, would have been a better choice, but I just had to have something new. Shame on me, I know, I know. I already miss it.

Done whining. I'll live with this thing until the battery gives out then read more carefully and buy another LG, becasue other than the fact I am furious NFC isn't here, this G5S works quite well, feels really well put together, and covers a lot of other bases. Not bad. For a cheap phone.

Former Employee
Views: 5,194
Message 2 of 3

Re: I could kick myself for buying this G5S Plus - NFC

@Schuylercat wrote:

Is NFC hobbled on this phone, or is the sensor not implemented in the hardware? I just got into Android pay, and I love it. Used to love it, anyway.

Whining here: I was in too much of a hurry, and assumed basic, widespread 4 year-old technology would be built into my G5S Plus. I went to GSMArena and didn't really pay attention when I read (market dependent) for NFC. I mean, the US isn't exactly a small market, exactly, go NFC would be there, right? Of course. Cell phone manufacturers put NFC in everything.

So my "best budget phone" decision makes me feel like I bought a "cheap phone." The 3 year old phone I replaced with it, if the battery worked, would have been a better choice, but I just had to have something new. Shame on me, I know, I know. I already miss it.

Done whining. I'll live with this thing until the battery gives out then read more carefully and buy another LG, becasue other than the fact I am furious NFC isn't here, this G5S works quite well, feels really well put together, and covers a lot of other bases. Not bad. For a cheap phone.

Hi Schuylercat

Moto G5S Plus has a lot of great features that we know you will surely love. We understand how important it is for you to have the NFC feature on your device. But unfortunately it doesn't support it, but we will definitely pass the feedback along. That is also the reason why we suggest checking the website for complete details and specification. But if you aren't satisfied with the device, you can just returned it from where it was bought. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

mirrortokyo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,130
Message 3 of 3

Re: I could kick myself for buying this G5S Plus - NFC

@Moto_Ella wrote:

@Schuylercat wrote:

Hi Schuylercat

Moto G5S Plus has a lot of great features that we know you will surely love. We understand how important it is for you to have the NFC feature on your device. But unfortunately it doesn't support it, but we will definitely pass the feedback along. That is also the reason why we suggest checking the website for complete details and specification. But if you aren't satisfied with the device, you can just returned it from where it was bought. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Hi Ella, I'm in need of serious help for NFC for my G5s XT1797 (Australian model which does claim NFC support). The warranty service centre claimed "Tested and worked with service centre NFC card" yet I still have problems using Suikakeibo with the G5s which works fine with my Samsung Galaxy J1.

I was promised by the person at Lenevo support that Motorola engineers do take part in this forum, so I'd appreciate an engineer's feedback on what is failing with NFC in my case and how it can be fixed.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors