01-25-2018

US

7 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 111 of 182

Pixel killer

2018-01-25, 12:50 PM

I was starting to tout my new moto g5s plus as the 'Pixel killer' when I found out that my front facing camera gives me better (clearer) pictures than the rear camera. This is strange given that the rear camera has a higher pixel number (13MP) than the front (selfie) camera (8MP). 

Is this a defect or a known issue?

Options

13 Posts

12-28-2017

IN

28 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 112 of 182

Major issue in Bookeh/depth Effect

2018-01-27, 6:49 AM

Whenever I take pictures in bookeh/depth enabled mode. The image comes incorrectly..It comes just like its edited by some application from play store. So its just a fake image quality. please see the attached image,its clearly visible that the background between my fingers is not blurred.

After huge camera updates by Lenovo, this issue is still there.

Is Lenovo unable to resolve it????????

Options

1 Posts

01-28-2018

IN

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 113 of 182

Rear Camera issue after updating the moto camera app in Moto G5s Plus

2018-01-28, 3:16 AM

Hello,

Recently I have purchased Moto G5s Plus from online store. On first day of usage the camera was working fine. On next day I have seen an update for an camera app on play store so, I decided to update the app. After updating the application I am facing the following issues,

1) After capturing the photo when I went to file manager to look at the photo that I have captured I was shocked by seeing the photo. The color of the photo was very dim. Before capturing the photo it looked the high quality photo. But after capturing and processing the image it become very dim in color. Please fix this issue asap in application in next update.

2) The same above problem I found in depth mode also, even in depth mode the color of the photo is very dim after capturing the photo and edges of the object looks faded. Please fix this issue also asap.

I have seen many users facing this issues, even in play store the rating also gone down. Hoping for the update asap.

Please reply for my query.

Thank you.

Options

11 Posts

01-29-2018

IN

15 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 114 of 182

Re: MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

2018-01-29, 17:02 PM

Before clicking a photo it looks really nice but after processing lot of noise is added at the background. I feel some how it is trying to blurr the background as it happens in portrait mode. Please fix this issue, without perfect camera phone is of no use.

Hoping for the quick fix.

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2018

IN

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 115 of 182

Re: Picture quality and sharpness changes after taking pic

2018-01-30, 1:55 AM

Exact same issue persisting till date. Please fix this. 

Options

11 Posts

01-29-2018

IN

15 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 116 of 182

2018-01-31, 7:29 AM
Yes the issue is present from long time,it is a software issue, dont know why they are not providing any fix. As they advertise it as a smart software to provide better quality picture after processing but sadly it is working as a clumsy/sluggish software by adding the noise.
Options

13 Posts

11-16-2017

US

35 Signins

438 Page Views

• Views: 438
  • Message 117 of 182

2018-01-31, 16:38 PM

_Daisy wrote:

wrote:

Hi Daisy, it looks like the current version of Moto Camera 2 is actually 7.1.0.12, updated on Dec. 19th. 

It does not appear that the post-processing issue has been fixed. The picture still looks like it softens/gets compressed when you swipe left to look at it for the first time.

Build number NPSS26.116-48-5

You're right.  Thanks for providing these information guys. We're still waiting for other users' feedback.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Hi Daisy, or any other MotoAgent, is there an update on this issue? We haven't heard anything in over a month.

Options

4 Posts

01-31-2018

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 118 of 182

Moto G5S Plus incoming/received photos and videos blurry/low quality

2018-01-31, 23:02 PM

Hello there!

I am on Verizon and having an issue with receiving photos and videos in messages at their proper quality. I have used both Google Messages and Motorola Textra, but there is no difference between the two. I am on Verizon and have never experienced this issue with either Android or iOS phones. The people sending the messages are doing so from both Android and iOS phones and are on various carriers. Not a singel incoming photo or video are in their proper quality; there is no exception to this issue for me since activating my Moto G5S plus in November. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. This is very inconvenient. Thank you!

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 119 of 182

Re: Moto G5S Plus incoming/received photos and videos blurry/low quality

2018-02-01, 12:24 PM

wrote:

Hello there!

I am on Verizon and having an issue with receiving photos and videos in messages at their proper quality. I have used both Google Messages and Motorola Textra, but there is no difference between the two. I am on Verizon and have never experienced this issue with either Android or iOS phones. The people sending the messages are doing so from both Android and iOS phones and are on various carriers. Not a singel incoming photo or video are in their proper quality; there is no exception to this issue for me since activating my Moto G5S plus in November. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. This is very inconvenient. Thank you!

This could be mostly due to compression of the image for sending through Messaging and MMS file size limitations imposed by carriers or the respected app used. A few apps do have the limitation of changing or compressing the file size. MMS text messages are not suitable for sending high-resolution photos. If you send a photo that had an original file size of 3-4Mb, obviously there will be a loss of some quality. 

However, we have your details let me try to test on this and get back to you. Will keep you posted here for any further updates.

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

4 Posts

01-31-2018

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 120 of 182

Re: Moto G5S Plus incoming/received photos and videos blurry/low quality

2018-02-01, 12:36 PM

Thank you very much for your response! I am aware that there are some limitations to sending pictures and videos, but I've used both of these messaging apps before and never had an issue. Also, some of the images being sent are merely gifs, animated or static, from the internet and relatively low res. They are still appearing in poor shape. That said, I've never received so many consistently low quality videos and pictures from every single major carrier before. It's mind boggling. There is no clear pattern save for all of them being low-q. My Galaxy 5 doesn't have this problem and it is fairly ancient by today's cellphone standards. Anyhow, I look forward to hearing more from you regarding your tests and thank you for your time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete