11-16-2017

US

35 Signins

438 Page Views

• Views: 438
  • Message 171 of 182

Re: MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

2018-04-12, 15:51 PM
I still notice a change in image quality after it's processed even after the latest Moto Camera 2 update. As TheManInPink said, it's very noticeable when taking a picture of text. It will be nice and clear and focused in the viewfinder but when you look at the post-processed picture the text is blurry/muted/noisey. I think it might have improved somewhat with the latest update but the problem is still there. The software still needs work.
Options

435 Posts

12-19-2017

US

609 Signins

5580 Page Views

• Views: 5580
  • Message 172 of 182

2018-04-12, 16:56 PM

wrote:

I disagree with your point mentioning Lenovo buying Motorola has no ill effects. Motorola always used to be among those brands which provide timely and early android updates. In fact, at times Motorola used to be the first one to roll out updates.

Things have changed a lot since Lenovo has taken over the company. I don't know how you can't see these changes.

Also, all of the new devices in Lenovo K series comes out with Moto Camera as the default Camera app. Well, I understand this is again a result of Lenovo taking over the company and I refuse to treat them as separate brands anymore. 

I don't want to change the subject of this thread too much, but if your main gripe with Lenovo/Motorola is Oreo, then I think it's misplaced. 

Despite the continual griping from posters here on this forum usually claiming that "EVERYONE" has Oreo except Motorola, it's simply not true. Ridiculously low percentages of Android phones are running Oreo.  Relatively speaking, ridiculously low percentages of Android phones are currently running Nougat. The Pixel phones aside, most major manufacturers' flagship phones have Oreo, but it's been an incredibly slow process, much slower than any other prior Android OS update (probably all others combined).  Oreo 8.0 was not good, and 8.1 isn't exactly perfect either.  The other issue specifically with our phone getting Oreo is that Oreo (as distributed from Google) is only 64-bit.  Period.  Our particular phone has 64-bit architecture, but it's running a 32-bit Nougat ROM, making it impossible to upgrade our Nougat ROM (in-place) to Oreo without a factory data reset wiping out all partitions on the phone. Basically that means that every single G5S and G5S Plus phone will lose all data/configuration all at once (translation:  support NIGHTMARE).  Yes, Oreo can be converted to 32-bit, but you have to realize that any manufacturer that does this has to do it again every single time Google releases a subsequent update (possibly even just a security update).  That's another support nightmare that's going to slow down the future upgrade process even more.  Do you think Google is going to completely reverse their Oreo decisions and release Android P in both 32 and 64-bit?  I wouldn't take that bet. So, any manufacturer that converts Oreo to 32-bit, they're going to have to convert Android P to 32-bit as well.  

It's an unfortunate coincidence of circumstances.  I think that either way they go (putting out a 64-bit update to Oreo or putting out a 32-bit in-place update to Oreo) is going to be a nightmare.  If Motorola/Lenovo is at fault for any of this, it was whoever made the decision to put a 32-bit Nougat ROM on a 64-bit phone.  I think that was extremely short-sighted.  Other than that, I really don't fault Motorola/Lenovo for whatever decision they make on this, because it's going to be their nightmare either way.  

Personally speaking, I don't care if they wipe my phone -- I'd rather have a 64-bit stock Oreo ROM.  Otherwise, I think Motorola/Lenovo is making the same 32-bit mistake all over again.  I've seen numerous times on this forum where support staff have recommended that people factory data reset their phones.  An Android phone should be mostly backed up to the cloud.  The few things that aren't simply aren't that big of a deal.  Any 3rd-party apps that don't comply with backing up to the cloud are the problem of those 3rd-party developers. I don't think it's that unreasonable for Motorola to warn users that this update wipes their phone and then advises them to make sure it's all backed up (as best they can) prior to installing the update, and even giving them the option to not update.  But that's just me and my opinion.  Motorola/Lenovo is stuck working with the lowest common denominator and the lowest common denominator is going to freak out when everything is wiped off their phone as part of this update.  It's really a no-win situation.  

Anyway, back on subject -- if you want Google Camera level quality in your pics, just use the new Low Light mode.  It's close if not even identical in terms of image quality.  

Options

4 Posts

10-15-2017

US

12 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 173 of 182

2018-04-12, 18:52 PM

The point IS, the camera should work as advertised when they take our money! how hard is that to understand???

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language

Options

88 Posts

05-23-2017

IN

199 Signins

1542 Page Views

• Views: 1542
  • Message 174 of 182

2018-04-12, 18:57 PM
Yes. That is what I mentioned. It was advertised based on Camera and so I expect the picture quality to be up to the mark. Now again, Slow Motion modr has an issue. The screen flashed when Slow Motion mode in on.

Consider me as a layman user and I don't care about the technicalities. I only want what was promised to me for the money I paid.
Options

435 Posts

12-19-2017

US

609 Signins

5580 Page Views

• Message 175 of 182

2018-04-12, 19:32 PM

The phone has always had a perfectly functioning dual camera depth mode, so you've always had exactly what was advertised. Actually, the latest release of the Moto Camera 2 offered significant improvements of existing features, and even several new features, so you're getting more than what was advertised. I guess Motorola should demand more money from you...?

Options

55 Posts

10-21-2017

IN

327 Signins

1949 Page Views

• Views: 1949
  • Message 176 of 182

2018-04-15, 13:39 PM

Most of the app on g5s plus suddenly stopped working again and again. After installing March update.

What I have to do?

Please provide me solution of moto app suddenly stopped every time I start my phone after shutdown..

Options

4 Posts

10-15-2017

US

12 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 177 of 182

2018-04-15, 17:24 PM

Not everyone uses the worthless depth mode. Most intelligent people just want sharp, clear pictures - which the g5s plus has never displayed. Could we normal people pay extra to keep self - inflated superegotistical nobodies like " internet pilot" to keep quiet when they don't have a clue what the answer is; not to mention the meaning of the question being asked?

Options

7 Posts

03-02-2018

US

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 178 of 182

2018-04-15, 17:31 PM

I don't know about you guys but since the update my camera has improved as far as sharpness is concerned.

Options

435 Posts

12-19-2017

US

609 Signins

5580 Page Views

• Message 179 of 182

2018-04-15, 21:55 PM

wrote:

Not everyone uses the worthless depth mode. Most intelligent people just want sharp, clear pictures - which the g5s plus has never displayed. Could we normal people pay extra to keep self - inflated superegotistical nobodies like " internet pilot" to keep quiet when they don't have a clue what the answer is; not to mention the meaning of the question being asked?

If you're supposedly intelligent enough to want sharp, clear pictures, you would be intelligent enough to know you should be using a real camera rather than a device that has the primary purpose of serving as a phone. However, if you really are someone who has no interest in the "worthless" depth mode, it really begs the question of why did you buy the phone, considering that feature is the primary emphasis of this phone's camera design -- even on the the Moto website ad for this phone.  

And for someone who supposedly doesn't "have a clue what the answer is", I already solved this "problem" on my Moto G5S Plus months ago when installed the Google Camera on it. Meanwhile, you're still whining about it on the Moto support forum.  Who's the unintelligent nobody without a clue again?  

Options

5 Posts

11-22-2018

IN

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 180 of 182

2018-11-22, 23:17 PM
  1. Me to facing the same problem photos looked washed out after post processing pls solve this ...the images in viewfinder are crisp and clear
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete