Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

2017-11-02, 0:48 AM

I'm super frustrated with this behavior, especially for photos in low light.  Last night was Halloween and 9/10 of my photos are essentially garbage, so dark you can't even see the subject.  It's such a disappointment to know I missed those shots and I'll never get another chance to recapture them.

We users ask and ask to know if we can expect an update and we are met with silence.  I see moto support folks post each day so I know they are visting the forum, but I'm afraid they have no info to share with us and instead stay quiet until they do.

I tried using the Google Camera app but the version for our phones in Play store is really old.  I got amazing photos with that app on my Nexus 5X, but on the G5S Plus its not even close to the same performance.

Options

1 Posts

11-10-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 52 of 182

Re: Moto G5s Plus: Image crisp in Viewfinder but blurs/dulls after capture

2017-11-10, 15:46 PM

This is so frustrating. I noticed the same exact problem. The image captured is gorgeous, crisp, and detailed. Even when it moves over to be saved. Then when you recall the image, it's perfect for a second and you can visibly see it reduce in quality to save! Right before your eyes! I purchased this phone instead of a newer iPhone because I was excited about the camera (and better battery.) But my iPhone 5 was taking better photos in the end! That's a disgrace. Please fix this!!!

Options

118 Posts

11-11-2017

India

350 Signins

1145 Page Views

• Views: 1145
  • Message 53 of 182

2017-11-11, 17:06 PM

I'm also having the same issue. Even I tried using professional mode with different different settings but image quality is degrading drastically. It's highly critical issue for a camera phone like this. It should be fixed on immediate basis.

But I realized that even after so many days of reporting issue here by many user, there's no any solution provided. I can assume that it's not going to fix anymore or it might be concerned with hardware and no solution is possible. 

Options

5 Posts

11-01-2017

India

5 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 54 of 182

2017-11-12, 18:56 PM

Really upset with the camera... Don't know when the issue will be fixed.. really messed with the choice.. I would never suggest Moto to anyone.. with lesser amount MI provides much better performance... Really a disaster from Motorola and Lenovo... Will never choose again.. if the issue is not fixed at the earliest...

Options

2 Posts

10-25-2017

India

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 55 of 182

2017-11-20, 16:58 PM
Is there any solution to this problem? If there's some solution to it plz tell. I am also facing the same problem .
thank you
Options

14 Posts

11-16-2017

United States of America

35 Signins

438 Page Views

• Views: 438
  • Message 56 of 182

2017-11-21, 20:32 PM
_JM wrote:

wrote:

in Viewfinder colors are much better and alot more details are present but both are diminished after capturing

Hi _shinigami_,

This can sometimes happen, the camera software does some processing on the image when it's saved/captured.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

"the camera software does some processing on the image when it's saved/captured"

Yes, we know, and we're saying that the processing it does looks terrible.

Options

14 Posts

11-16-2017

United States of America

35 Signins

438 Page Views

• Views: 438
  • Message 57 of 182

2017-11-21, 20:37 PM
wrote:

wrote:

I have taken shot using auto mode. While checking the taken shots, there is a loss of the quality of the picture. Some noise had been  added to the picture. I'm not sure whether it is visible in screenshot or not. In camera before taking shot its look good. While reviewing taken shots noise had been added. You can notice the difference in image quality.

I cant tell much from these thumbnails, but the viewfinder is not a saved image. The image the camera takes is saved as a jpeg. Check the resolution of the camera settings. Also, if viewing in a browser from google photos, google photos backups are lower resolution then originals. 

It's not just when looking at the photos in a browser in Google photos, it's on the camera itself. The final photo is clearly less quality than the "preview" image you see for a split second after swiping left. Does it auto process it to some sort of soft lens effect in order to lower the picture size since it's automatically linked with Google Photos?

Options

1 Posts

11-28-2017

India

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 58 of 182

2017-11-28, 11:53 AM

Hi Moto Users,

Even I faced this problem.

This is happening because the phone brightness is low at time, and also it gets changed based on the lite condition we are in.

Increase the phone brightness from notification tab or settings->display.

You may not see the problem.

Hope this helps.

Options

40 Posts

10-25-2017

India

37 Signins

276 Page Views

• Views: 276
  • Message 59 of 182

2017-11-29, 15:15 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I have taken shot using auto mode. While checking the taken shots, there is a loss of the quality of the picture. Some noise had been  added to the picture. I'm not sure whether it is visible in screenshot or not. In camera before taking shot its look good. While reviewing taken shots noise had been added. You can notice the difference in image quality.

I cant tell much from these thumbnails, but the viewfinder is not a saved image. The image the camera takes is saved as a jpeg. Check the resolution of the camera settings. Also, if viewing in a browser from google photos, google photos backups are lower resolution then originals. 

brother i am also facing the same issue ,it is very dissapointing for us as mi a1 is taking better picture than this

Options

40 Posts

10-25-2017

India

37 Signins

276 Page Views

• Views: 276
  • Message 60 of 182

2017-11-29, 15:17 PM
i am also facing the same issue.requesting moto to resolve this issue in next update
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms