Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbronze
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 121 of 177

Re: Moto G5S Plus incoming/received photos and videos blurry/low quality

Hello! Not certain how I could send lmages frombefore I receive them since those are not on my phone, but I have seen those images on senders' phones and they are being taken with top of the line smartphones. High end cameras taking high end photos and videos, high resolution gifs and screengrabs. I sould certainly send you samples of the received photos. Let me know how to proceed. Thank you.

docbronze
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 122 of 177

Hi, Internetpilot. Thanks for responding. Interesting to hear about the unlocked phones being the common thread. Mine was an unlocked phone. Do you know which messaging apps were successful for folks or if/how to reconfigure my sim? Or even just a link to another pertinent discussion. Thank you again.
Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 303
Message 123 of 177

Textra seems be the solution for most people.  I've seen it reported to solve their problems with reduced image quality via MMS as well as problems with animated GIFs converting to non-animated JPG thumbnails.  The problem seems to be that most carrier branded versions of phones come with either a carrier branded/modified texting app and/or they have the proper MMS APN settings. 

Our phone just uses the Google Android Messages app with no Motorola modifications to it, and I'm pretty sure that all USA G5S/G5S Plus phones are unlocked retail versions  with no carrier versions available.  So, your problem could be that Verizon limits the size of MMS messages.  

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 542
Message 124 of 177

Re: Picture quality and sharpness changes after taking pic

@Fernt wrote:

@moto_Daisy wrote:

@Fernt wrote:

Hi Daisy, it looks like the current version of Moto Camera 2 is actually 7.1.0.12, updated on Dec. 19th. 

It does not appear that the post-processing issue has been fixed. The picture still looks like it softens/gets compressed when you swipe left to look at it for the first time.

Build number NPSS26.116-48-5

You're right.  Thanks for providing these information guys. We're still waiting for other users' feedback.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Hi Daisy, or any other MotoAgent, is there an update on this issue? We haven't heard anything in over a month.

Sorry for the long wait. We escalated your concern and we're waiting for an update. We'll let you know.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

jppinto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 534
Message 125 of 177

@Daisy, apperently this was fixed with system update NPS26.116-61. However, this update has not yet rolled out in Europe (I belive only India received it until now). Do you have any info on when Europ should expect to recieve this update (which is already 1 month old)?

Neha66
Paper Tape
Views: 515
Message 126 of 177

Hi,

The issue has not been fixed in the update NPS26.116-61.  Still the camera has same problem with image.

Neha66
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 127 of 177

@Daisy or any other Motorola Support People.

Please respond and provide update about the query. Please let me know whether this issue will be resolved in the upcoming softeare release or not. If not then please reply. I still have the time to return the device.

Please Respond.

PP1994
SCSI Port
Views: 373
Message 128 of 177

New camera update available in play store
Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 679
Message 129 of 177

@PP1994 wrote:
New camera update available in play store

Yes, there is!  And just FYI, it didn't show up when I just checked for updates from the main Play Store menu.  For some reason, I actually had to search and find the Moto Camera 2 app in the Play Store, and then it had an update icon.  Not sure why.

Just with brief testing, the post-processing seems to be reduced, HDR works much better, and I did notice the addition of the spot color feature.  

Neha66
Paper Tape
Views: 675
Message 130 of 177

Just now updated the camera application but still the issue is present. The issue is with processing of the image which happens after capturing the picture. Can you guys please disable the after processing or tell us how to disable the after processing please.

Top Kudoed Authors