Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 442
Message 151 of 177

Re: MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

Hi guys,

There's a new update for the camera, make sure it's up to date. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

cerony
Blue Screen Again
Views: 397
Message 152 of 177

"Picture quality changes after taking photos" prob almost solve....bt depth mode and cutout mode need to be improvement..and 1 major thing camera app crash so many time

Coffee_lake
Blue Screen Again
Views: 361
Message 153 of 177

The quality looks better, I do not see a big change between the post and after processing (still lose some quality). The app is lagged and the bokeh effect looks bad. 

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 338
Message 154 of 177

@Agent_Daisy wrote:

Hi guys,

There's a new update for the camera, make sure it's up to date. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

I hate saying this every time but I find no improvement in picture quality. Portrait mode has improved and it's a lot more faster now. That's pretty cool. Good job on that.

I am very disappointrd with the picture quality. I don't understand how the devs don't notice the difference in the view on viewfinder and the picture that gets captured. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 328
Message 155 of 177

Hi All,

Thanks for your input. There should be an update in the future but we don't have any timing to share. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 325
Message 156 of 177

@Agent_Daisy wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for your input. There should be an update in the future but we don't have any timing to share. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

I am talking about the situation after updating the Camera app through Google Play. So, I believe I have the latest version. 

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 300
Message 157 of 177

Everyone, I'm running my G5S Plus rooted so in addition to this latest Moto Camera 2 app,  I'm also running the Google Camera app (with HDR+) with the cam2api activated. The image quality is basically identical when using the Google Camera HDR+ and Moto Camera 2 Low Light mode. So, if you want the best quality out of the Moto Camera 2 app then use Low Light mode. I've now switched my default camera back to the Moto Camera 2 and just use Low Light mode (unless I'm using one of the other special features). Using the Google Camera app was one of the main reasons I rooted my phone, but now I'm pretty happy with Moto Camera 2. 

I don't think there's much (if  any) difference in the image quality of the Normal mode between the previous version of the Moto Camera 2 app and the new one.

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 274
Message 158 of 177

Well, the advertisements and promotion of this device focused a lot on dual cam and stuff. So, I expect this device to do some good with those pictures without me having to workaround by using a third party app. Moto really sucks lately. Already switching to One Plus.

Shaye777
Paper Tape
Views: 273
Message 159 of 177

For me the picture quality has really improved since the update.

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 270
Message 160 of 177

You will notice the difference if you try clicking a picture of a document or newspaper. It's pretty much evident in regular pictures but documents with text on them will help you notice it easily. You will find it's too noisy and disturbs the eye if you try reading from it unlike Lenovo K5 Note which I don't use anymore coz it has different issues lol Lenovo always has something buggy going on with their devices.

I agree that portrait mode has improved a lot and is faster now. 

Top Kudoed Authors