Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dk94
Punch Card
Views: 17,423
Message 1 of 177

MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

I have taken shot using auto mode. While checking the taken shots, there is a loss of the quality of the picture. Some noise had been  added to the picture. I'm not sure whether it is visible in screenshot or not. In camera before taking shot its look good. While reviewing taken shots noise had been added. You can notice the difference in image quality.moto.jpgmoto 1.jpg

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 17,162
Message 2 of 177

Re: MOTO G5s Plus:Picture quality changes after taking photos

@Dk94 wrote:

I have taken shot using auto mode. While checking the taken shots, there is a loss of the quality of the picture. Some noise had been  added to the picture. I'm not sure whether it is visible in screenshot or not. In camera before taking shot its look good. While reviewing taken shots noise had been added. You can notice the difference in image quality.moto.jpgmoto 1.jpg

I cant tell much from these thumbnails, but the viewfinder is not a saved image. The image the camera takes is saved as a jpeg. Check the resolution of the camera settings. Also, if viewing in a browser from google photos, google photos backups are lower resolution then originals. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Vyom
What's DOS?
Views: 16,487
Message 3 of 177

It is a serious issue. did u get any reply from them?

Sandeep-SE
Paper Tape
Views: 16,292
Message 4 of 177

i am facing same problem,

_shinigami_
Blue Screen Again
Views: 16,301
Message 5 of 177

Moto G5s Plus: Image crisp in Viewfinder but blurs/dulls after capture

Screenshot_20170926-232650.pngScreenshot of image which appears in Viewfinder before capture

Screenshot_20170926-232804.pngafter capture, image becomes faded and less detailed

in Viewfinder colors are much better and alot more details are present but both are diminished after capturing

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,244
Message 6 of 177

Re: Moto G5s Plus: Image crisp in Viewfinder but blurs/dulls after capture

@_shinigami_ wrote:

in Viewfinder colors are much better and alot more details are present but both are diminished after capturing

Hi _shinigami_,

This can sometimes happen, the camera software does some processing on the image when it's saved/captured.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

_shinigami_
Blue Screen Again
Views: 16,240
Message 7 of 177

so why cant I get the better picture which I see in Viewfinder, why is software making it worse? do you find it okay, acceptable? kinda ruins the potential of camera

shrinathk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,238
Message 8 of 177

How to disable the post processing ? I like the colors the way they are in the viewfinder.

Also, I really wonder why Moto wants to fadeout the colors as part of post processing ! Postprocessing should enhance the image, not dull it down.

P.S. One of my questions in this thread (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5S-Moto-G5S-Plus/Moto-G5S-Plus-camera-shutter-lag-and-washed-out-...).

shrinathk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,198
Message 9 of 177

They replied in https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Moto-G5s-Plus-Image-crisp-in-Viewfinder-but-blurs-...

Here is what they said !!

This can sometimes happen, the camera software does some processing on the image when it's saved/captured.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,185
Message 10 of 177

We'll pass this feedback along to our product team.  -JM

Top Kudoed Authors