Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary119
Paper Tape
Views: 2,864
Message 1 of 9

Moto G5 S Plus blue screen - cannot even do factory reset

The phone is 6 weeks old. It's been brilliant but last night it suddenly locked up. It kept rebooting (displayed all the Moto figures (dog footballer etc) and get as far as the Home screen but when I tried to unlock it, it either re-booted, displayes turqouise screen with Motorola name and logo, of the whole screen is blue.
I've tried to do a Factory Reset, and can get as far as the image of the Android robot with 'No Command' but when I press the Power button, it blue screens again.

Is there ANYTHING I can do at this stage?

Thanks

Mary

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,827
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G5 S Plus blue screen - cannot even do factory reset

@Mary119 wrote:

The phone is 6 weeks old. It's been brilliant but last night it suddenly locked up. It kept rebooting (displayed all the Moto figures (dog footballer etc) and get as far as the Home screen but when I tried to unlock it, it either re-booted, displayes turqouise screen with Motorola name and logo, of the whole screen is blue.
I've tried to do a Factory Reset, and can get as far as the image of the Android robot with 'No Command' but when I press the Power button, it blue screens again.

Thanks

Mary

Hi Mary119,

Thank you for posting.When it shows no commands, press and hold the power button then tap volume up button once. Then release the power button. Please try and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Mary119
Paper Tape
Views: 2,812
Message 3 of 9

Now, after I have selected 'Recovery Mode' and then Power button, it stays on turquise 'Powered by Android' for a few seconds, then blue screen, then back to turqouise, then back to blue screen, back and forth.

I did what you suggested on the turqouise screen, and on the blue screen - it made no difference.

Then I started again for the factory reboot and got as far as the No Command screen. Then the screnn went blank. I did what you suggested and I got to the menu where I could select 'wipe data/factory reset'. 

At the foot of the screen it said it was wiping the data. Now the phone has gone off and is still unresponsive to the power button.

What would you suggest?

Josefm
What's DOS?
Views: 2,775
Message 4 of 9

I have the same problem with mine, and it's only 3 weeks old, did you find a solution? I can see they haven't answered here..
Mary119
Paper Tape
Views: 2,746
Message 5 of 9

Hi Josef

I took it to local Ibrokemygadgetstore.

They will see if they can reinstall the software because they think it's got stuck in a loop.

If that doesn't work then back to supplier for a replacement.

Let me know if you find a fix please.

Stuart1066
Paper Tape
Views: 2,330
Message 6 of 9

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 2,324
Message 7 of 9

@Mary119 wrote:

The phone is 6 weeks old. It's been brilliant but last night it suddenly locked up.

[SNIP]

Thanks

Mary

I don't know where you bought your G5S, whether you have loaded some "iffy" app or done anything "untoward" to or with it but in your position I would definitely return it for replacement or refund.  If it has gone AWOL so soon, I would be suspicious about its long-term future.

Good luck whatever you do.

Mary119
Paper Tape
Views: 2,312
Message 8 of 9

Thanks, I sent it back, and after about another 6 weeks, got a replacement.

I wouldn't use tecobuy for a single purchase again. Would rather send the extra £70 and get better service.

Discount sites make sense if you're buying a whole bunch of phones.

Cheers

Mary

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 2,260
Message 9 of 9

Sorry, only just realised that this was a disinterred thread - OOPS!  Glad you got sorted.

For what it is worth, John Lewis seem to be particularly helpful for anyone who buys from them and subsequently has a problem - and they aren't that expensive either Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors