Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2019

Canada

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G5 plus group messages and chat features

2019-10-14, 20:57 PM

I have tried everything- is it even possible to be able to participate in a group message with my moto g5+ ? It only replies to people invidually. Do i need to be able to turn on chat features for that? No where on my phone can I find a way to turn on chat features. Do I need to call my service provider and will they know what i'm talking about?

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5 plus group messages and chat features

2019-10-15, 11:33 AM

wrote:

I have tried everything- is it even possible to be able to participate in a group message with my moto g5+ ? It only replies to people invidually. Do i need to be able to turn on chat features for that? No where on my phone can I find a way to turn on chat features. Do I need to call my service provider and will they know what i'm talking about?

Hi,

Yes! You should be able to send the group message. Could you please open message and share me a screen shot of the first page it appears?

Do you not see 'Start group conversation'?

However, you can also try via another option: To do so click on Message > top right you should see an option (like kepad) > click to add a number you want to send a text > (now you should see add option) > to add more numbers on from your contacts.

Hope this helps, do let us know if you have any qustions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

6882 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3415 Signins

86241 Page Views

• Views: 86241
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moto G5 plus group messages and chat features

2021-05-18, 14:55 PM

As an update on this, you can open the Messages app > Tap on Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Settings > Advanced > Group messaging. Make sure you have the Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS) option selected.  Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms