Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharmantium
Paper Tape
Views: 5,395
Message 1 of 14

Moto G5 s plus screen casting not working on Chromecast

When I try to cast my screen from the Google home app, I get a message saying "Screen casting is not optimised for this device" and the screen casting doesn't happen though I'm using a Chromecast. Is there something I can do from my end for this to work ? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,239
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto G5 s plus screen casting not working on Chromecast

Hi Sharmantium,

Let's see if we can figure out what's causing this issue. Please submit us a bug report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Would you also please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.>Update your profile here

Regards,
Daisy

Jeani
Paper Tape
Views: 3,891
Message 3 of 14

Jeani
Paper Tape
Views: 3,890
Message 4 of 14

Collector
Paper Tape
Views: 3,491
Message 5 of 14

Hi Daisy

I had this problem too, used your instructions, but only had to get up to step 5 to get it working. Thanks very much

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,411
Message 6 of 14

@Collector wrote:

Hi Daisy

I had this problem too, used your instructions, but only had to get up to step 5 to get it working. Thanks very much

Hey,

Are you having any error? May I know what happened after step 5?

-Daisy

Raju57
Paper Tape
Views: 3,141
Message 7 of 14

I sent the bug report but no solution

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,124
Message 8 of 14

@Raju57 wrote:

I sent the bug report but no solution

Sorry but I never received a bug report from you or from the other users here. Can you send it again? Thanks.

-Daisy

Raju57
Paper Tape
Views: 3,103
Message 9 of 14

Attached again

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,033
Message 10 of 14

@Raju57 wrote:

Attached again

Thanks. Can you also make sure to update your phone's IMEI. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors