Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghuffo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,500
Message 21 of 95

Re: Moto G5S Oreo Update

I'm still on the June 1 2018 patch. What's up with that?

xurc
Punch Card
Views: 1,476
Message 22 of 95

As far as I know (I've been informed by support team) Jun 2018 is latest security update for Android 7.1.1. So lucky you! I stuck on Oct 2017.

plissken
Punch Card
Views: 1,461
Message 23 of 95

It is not possible to get the ota file from moto?

omegaorgun
What's DOS?
Views: 1,433
Message 24 of 95

Pixel Experience works pretty nice and is based on treble now, I run that and this device is just over a year old, it's a shame mototrola would not get Pie on it. In fact it makes me wonder about getting another motorola device if support is dropped so quickly.

LucaBR
Punch Card
Views: 1,162
Message 25 of 95

Any news about Oreo update on reteu?

At least about security update: we are still at 1st June 2018... Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
pasakas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,110
Message 26 of 95

retgb got the December security patch on top of Oreo and reteu is still behind. Can we at least get the reasoning behind this delay? If there is a major bug, why are the other regions updated?

HenriqueM
Serial Port
Views: 909
Message 27 of 95

Hello,

Finally someone decided to complain! THANK YOU first of all. 

Secondly I still wonder why hasn´t Moto/lenovo released the update , by now it´s almost silly to release when all devices are starting to roll android pie.

Any planned date ?

RETEU channel......And they wonder why their are loosing sales to other players like Xiaomi or even Nokia (HMD) the latest far better in sopport.

MrMarcel69
Punch Card
Views: 756
Message 28 of 95

Re: Moto G5 7.1 update

Hi Agent_Rich, can you tell me when the Oreo update, or a security update will be send out to the Dutch MOTO g5s owners? Thnx grt Marcel
praveenraher
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 608
Message 29 of 95

Except Moto G5s+ almost every device having Snapdragon 625 chipset supports HIGH Frame Rate of PUBG mobile (in Balanced Graphics) including its closest comptitor Mi A2, Redmi Y2 and many more.

Why motorola you are not fully utilising hardware? As Oreo is a 64 bit OS but you have given forcefully 32 bit Oreo to Moto G users.

While playing games, notifications keeps poping up on screen from Whats App, Telegram etc. Even while Data Saver, Battery Saver and DND are on. 

• what is the use of Data saver mode? while apps in background already are consuming Data.
  • Battery saver mode only reduces animations, no background data restrictions for better battery backup.
  • DND mode is completly useless. Phone keeps viberating from apps notification even in DND mode.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-26 at 9.34.41 PM.jpeg

zoeff50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 567
Message 30 of 95

Re: Moto G5 7.1 update

Bought my G5S in June last year and since then received only one security update also in June. Happy with Android 7.1 and I do not see the benefits of an Oreo 8.1 upgrade. I do not know how frequent you need security updates for Android, but what I do know is that Google made a mess of the overall Android update procedure. Why cannot Google send updates directly to all Android phone users i.s.o. via the phone makers , the same procedure as Microsoft use for Windows. And why do Google have to issue a new Android version each year? It is all hassle for the phone makers and users. A new version every 3-5 years would be ok as Microsoft did in the past with Windows. Windows 10 update procedure is even better, no version update anymore. Every month security updates and twice a year a feature update. Works fine.
Top Kudoed Authors