Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-21-2018

India

11 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 101 of 114

Re: Moto G5S Plus Network Issue

2018-06-25, 10:39 AM
No effect has occurred..!! the situation is as same as before I explained
Options

20 Posts

09-13-2017

India

27 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 102 of 114

2018-06-26, 17:30 PM

I am using Moto G5s Plus since last September.

Network issue is there. Issue of call dropping, not able to connect call with other person, abrupt ending call etc. are some issues I have came across.

I am afraid tht this issue is associated with Moto G5S Plus as I used same SIM/Network in my old device (Micromax) and it was working fine.

Strangly, I never came across (H+) icon on 3G/4G setting in Moto G5S Plus,while my old device was showing (H+) icon and slightly high 3G speed. Moto G5S Plus showing (H) icon .

I hope upcoming Oreo 8.1.0 update will also solve these issues.

Regards,

Safal08

Options

3 Posts

06-05-2018

India

11 Signins

194 Page Views

• Views: 194
  • Message 103 of 114

Re: Moto G5S Plus 4G Network Issue

2018-06-26, 19:13 PM

I have updated IMEI number details. I would like to tell you that most of the people I know who are using MotoG5s plus are facing 4g network issues.

Am not sure if this is related to software or hardware issue but I need this issue to be resolved at the earliest. 

Options

3994 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1260 Signins

62425 Page Views

• Views: 62425
  • Message 104 of 114

2018-06-27, 9:54 AM

wrote:

I am using Moto G5s Plus since last September.

Network issue is there. Issue of call dropping, not able to connect call with other person, abrupt ending call etc. are some issues I have came across.

I am afraid tht this issue is associated with Moto G5S Plus as I used same SIM/Network in my old device (Micromax) and it was working fine.

Strangly, I never came across (H+) icon on 3G/4G setting in Moto G5S Plus,while my old device was showing (H+) icon and slightly high 3G speed. Moto G5S Plus showing (H) icon .

I hope upcoming Oreo 8.1.0 update will also solve these issues.

Regards,

Safal08

Hi Safal08,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

20 Posts

09-13-2017

India

27 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 105 of 114

2018-06-27, 10:02 AM

I have already updated IMEI on my profile and my moto privacy option is always on.

Regards

Safal08

Options

1 Posts

08-26-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 106 of 114

2018-08-26, 2:01 AM

I am having an issue with the inability to connect with 4gLTE no matter where my Moto G5sPlus is used.  Most of the time the phone shows LTE or H.  I thought it was a problem with the coverage of our carrier.

On a recent trip, I noticed my wife's phone (same carrier, different brand phone) was on 4gLTE almost all the time while mine was not.  This led me to understand it was the device that was the problem.

I have also been having WiFi connectivity issues and unexpected restarts.  All of this is in the last few months.  I've had the phone since last October with no serious isssues until recently.

I am in the process of switching to another Moto G5s Plus supplied by the repair center under warranty.  The more I read this forum, the more I am becoming convinced that this change will not resolve my issues.  We may both be wasting our time and efforts.

Is there any way to bring an issue to a higher level of Support?  Are there guidelines necessary for this type of action?

Options

2 Posts

11-24-2018

India

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 107 of 114

Re: Motorola g5s plus network issue

2018-11-28, 12:11 PM

Dear Ella,

Me too have the same problem. There are no bars in the signal triangles at all. I am using moto G5s plus since a year. Suddenly a week back, I noticed that there are no bars in the signal triangles.

Initially I thought that it was the network problem, but later realized that problem is with mobile phone.

I have taken my handset to one of the service center in Bangalore. They first updated my mobile software, but no use. And they don't know what the problem is. They just simply asking time for two days, two days and so on.

I don't know what kind of service they are providing. Many people are coming with the same issue.

So far, I like moto so much. But, unfortunately, no longer.

Options

1 Posts

03-26-2018

India

5 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 108 of 114

Re: Moto G5s Plus 4G Signal Problem

2018-12-16, 15:41 PM
Updated the Motorola Privacy details. Now I also have same issue where Motorola G5S Plus does not detect the Idea 4G SIM where as same SIM works on very old Nokia Feature phone and the latest Lenovo K8 Plus mobiles. Motorola G5S Plus no matter what refuses to recognized this same IDEA SIM. I tried putting only the IDEA SIM, also tried manually selecting the network. When I select the IDEA network from the list shown, it tells me that SIM does not allow to register to that network. Not sure why, when 2 SIM's are there manual selection option gives ERROR Searching Network.
Options

2 Posts

02-11-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 109 of 114

2019-02-11, 23:16 PM

I am in the US and purchased my G5S Plus late in 2018. It immediately upgraded to Oreo 8.1.0 when I activated it. I didn't notice any problems with it at first. Recently I've gotten a little frustrated because I will try to send a text and will get a "No SMS Connection" message and/or a "Not sent. Tap to try again." message (which usually doesn't work).

Today, I found out my daughter had been calling and calling and texting me trying to get a hold of me and was going straight to my voice mail and the texts weren't coming through.  I've looked online today and see multiple posts from people who appear to be having the same issues as me.  I am on Verizon.  I specifically purchased this Moto G5S Plus because I'd loved my Moto X 2nd gen so much.  I purchased the model that is supposed to work in the US with Verizon (XT1806).

I have seen posts about 4G LTE not working on some phones. I honestly don't recall ever seeing the "4G LTE" next to my signal bars on this phone. I have checked and my SIM card is a 4G LTE (the same one that worked fine in my Moto X). 

I have looked and don't have an "Advanced Carrier" option under my Network Settings.  I don't know if I should use Global or LTE/CDMA, but have tried both.  I do not want to turn on roaming as I am in a more rural area and don't want to get a surprise bill when I shouldn't need the roaming.  I have these issues regardless of whether I'm on my home Wi-Fi as I've tested it both ways. 

Per Moto support on these forums, I have filled out my profile with my phone info and have checked my privacy settings.  I have reset my Network and powered completely off.  I have checked for updates.  Nothing is helping.  I, too, fear that a replacement phone wouldn't resolve the issue.  I, too, think the issue is related to the phone and not the carrier.  I need my phone to be able to work from home and need to resolve this issue, one way or another, immediately.

Please help me.  Thank you!

Options

24 Posts

07-29-2018

Indonesia

754 Signins

244 Page Views

• Views: 244
  • Message 110 of 114

2019-06-11, 1:06 AM

Hai,

For Network issues you shuld update to 1 April 2019 update OPS28.65-36-11 in your Oreo Update. its fix your wifi, network issues,

for some reasons, when im using HotSpot wifi, my network provider much more STRONGER to get Signal, TX-RX are soooo Good...

Thanks for update Moto.

Regards,

Chandra W

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms