Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katehfx
Paper Tape
Views: 799
Message 1 of 4

Moto G5S Plus camera and flash not working

I've seen some variations on this phone issue on here, but nothing that's helped me. I just received my brand new Moto G5S Plus phone on Monday, and it seemed to be working perfectly. Got it all set up, everything was fine, camera working as it should. Had three security updates to download yesterday, and suddenly the camera isn't working. All I get is a black screen where the viewfinder should be, and non-responsive buttons that appear and disappear, then it crashes completely. Sometimes I get an error message that the camera has stopped, sometimes I don't. The camera doesn't work through third-party apps either.

I've rebooted numerous times, cleared the camera app's data and cache, disabled the other apps using the camera, uninstalled and reinstalled the camera app updates, done the hardware test (rear camera and flash failed), and finally did a factory reset this morning. Nothing.

I really need a phone for work and feel a bit sick about having to probably send this off for repair or replacement, and being without one. Not to mention I was excited about getting a new phone, and was loving it until this happened, so disheartening. 

Is there anything else I could try? Anything I might have missed that could be causing a problem?

katehfx
Paper Tape
Views: 795
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5S Plus camera and flash not working

Oh, almost forgot...I also tested it in Safe Mode, still not working. And yes, my factory reset was without auto-restore.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 601
Message 3 of 4

@katehfx wrote:
Oh, almost forgot...I also tested it in Safe Mode, still not working. And yes, my factory reset was without auto-restore.

Sorry to hear about this, since you have tried all possible troubleshooting steps and still it does not work, then sending the phone for repair/replace would be the next logical action.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

katehfx
Paper Tape
Views: 558
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, Sandip, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I could try first. Cheers.

Top Kudoed Authors